Back By popular Demand Solid Shell 3A Bongos

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Back By popular Demand Solid Shell 3A Bongos

Postby Anonimo » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:50 pm

POST REMOVED BY THE AUTHOR
Anonimo

Re: Back By popular Demand Solid Shell 3A Bongos

Postby b0ng0 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:59 pm

Cuco: these have been posted up on the website for a long time now, pero los Arce's no contestan, I left them an email concering an order, this was about a year ago and still no reply.
b0ng0

Postby caballoballo » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:20 am

Saludos, yes indeed no matter how many time you try to contact Alejandro it is the same result,no answer. Also I have try thru facebook but no luck. He owes me a Cowbell which he calls special.
Josean
caballoballo

Postby Anonimo » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:30 pm

Anonimo

Postby b0ng0 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:58 pm

Well its not as good as a 3A solid shell bongo, but I found a percussion store about 1 1\2 hrs from my me that sells colombian percussion. They sell & carry most of HR el piernas products including bongos from $200-220... very soon I'll be heading down to pick up a bongo', not only are they cheaper than the dandys, they're hand made & not mass produced...
b0ng0

Postby Anonimo » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:06 pm

Anonimo

Postby Mr. Conga » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:48 am

cuco, sooo hector rocha dosnt cut his on shells, and shapes them on the lathe?

they all come from the same source?

tambores barranquilla is the only independent compan that really does their own drums in colombia??

3A, J.C.R SHELLS smell and look the same!?

i wonder how many this oth companys like j.c.r buy, in bulk...to get whole sale price on the shells...

cause colombians make it a fuzz to get the drum directly from them, they try to over charge, with the dollar , peso difference, + shipping...they try to charge more then at the sores here...is better to buy them from a secure source, here, where the drum is allready here from colombia...

They make it a mess, drama, to buy it directly..they r loosing lots of clients
Mr. Conga

Postby Anonimo » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:47 am

Attachments
3A.jpg
3A solid shell
JCR.jpg
JCR
Colombian Percussion.jpg
Colombian Percussion
piernas.jpg
El Piernas
Anonimo

Postby juancho » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:57 pm

leedy2 wrote:
Mr. Conga wrote:cuco, sooo hector rocha dosnt cut his on shells, and shapes them on the lathe?

they all come from the same source?

tambores barranquilla is the only independent compan that really does their own drums in colombia??

3A, J.C.R SHELLS smell and look the same!?

i wonder how many this oth companys like j.c.r buy, in bulk...to get whole sale price on the shells...

cause colombians make it a fuzz to get the drum directly from them, they try to over charge, with the dollar , peso difference, + shipping...they try to charge more then at the sores here...is better to buy them from a secure source, here, where the drum is allready here from colombia...

They make it a mess, drama, to buy it directly..they r loosing lots of clients

Mr Conga
Yes that is correct there are 3 major company's in Colombia that makes the shells Tambores Baranquilla , Colombian Percussion and Tambores de Bogota .They make shells only then there is another guy that makes bells and all the metal work for all the company's. When they get bells they stamp there name via being 3A ,1A, Piernas ,Colombian Percussion or Tambores Barranquilla. Then there is one other guy that make only maracas for all of them this why most of the rims look the same and mainly every thing looks the same. shell are change a bit due to models they make. Do you remember the old JCR bongos take a look at these photos all 3 bongos made by Colombian Percussion solid shells with hardware JCR,3A and there own. Know take a look at Colombian Percussion and Piernas model rims and Lugs kind of look alike don't they ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Que tal Cuquito!!!
question, those jcr pictured, are they the same type that I have also pictured?

Viejo Dario o Mario,
can you tell the history behind my JCRs? Gracias muchachos.

Se les quiere.
Juancho
Attachments
JCR 1.jpg
juancho

Postby Anonimo » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:31 pm

Anonimo

Postby caballoballo » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:02 pm

b0ng0 wrote:Well its not as good as a 3A solid shell bongo, but I found a percussion store about 1 1\2 hrs from my me that sells colombian percussion. They sell & carry most of HR el piernas products including bongos from $200-220... very soon I'll be heading down to pick up a bongo', not only are they cheaper than the dandys, they're hand made & not mass produced...

Go for Bong0, just make sure you do not get one too heavy because is going to hurt in the long run.
Josean
caballoballo

Postby RitmoBoricua » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:57 pm

leedy2 wrote: Then he started buying Rhythm Tech bongos and changing hardware on them and stamping JCR and Juan Figueroa another piece of crap. Then Isaac got a relative to make shells were that stand's ? I know I would not buy any of his new stuff.

If I remember correctly the bongo in the picture made it rounds on this forum, ebay and craiglist for a couple of years under the "JCR Maple Bongo" banner and if Iam not mistaken it changed hands a couple of times for way more money that it was really worth.
Attachments
imagesCAV4JHOT.jpg
Rhythm Tech Bongo
imagesCAV4JHOT.jpg (8.4 KiB) Viewed 6094 times
RitmoBoricua

Postby Anonimo » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:22 pm

Attachments
RT.jpg
A Rhythm tech bongos JCR gets Rhythm Tech RT 5600 Eclipse Bongos-Natural
$70 online