who says all thailand made stuff is crap?...Lol

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Re: who says all thailand made stuff is crap?...Lol

Postby Jerry Bembe » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:41 pm

The source of most of the tone is the player's skill and the head of the drum. Usually, the quality of the drum is a factor after these the player's skill and the drum's head.
Jerry Bembe

Postby RitmoBoricua » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:38 pm

Jerry Bembe wrote:The source of most of the tone is the player's skill and the head of the drum. Usually, the quality of the drum is a factor after these the player's skill and the drum's head.

That's one thing I make sure with my drums that I matched the right drum with the right head for it.
Also, to me heads have to sound good from the get go.
RitmoBoricua

Postby RitmoBoricua » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:54 pm

I thought that was you playing the hand bell close to Giovanni on the one with Charlie Palmieri. I just found them under Joe Quijano.
Good Stuff.
RitmoBoricua

Postby blavonski » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:33 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixnvQ0MR ... re=related

I like that...who's the flute player there?

Good Vibrations,
Blavonski
Good Vibrations,
Mr. Blavonski
blavonski

Postby niallgregory » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:15 pm

" I have seen gringos with Junior Tirados, yet they make a shame out of the music by trying to play. In the other hand i have seen some gringos who are dedicated to latin music, and the many rythms, respect the music love it, and can play prettie good....and actually have more knowledge of the caribe rythms, more then some latinos."

What is point in the post ? There are cubans , africans , brazilians etc here in Ireland who have no idea how to play percussion , just as there " gringos " who can play very well . I did a gig with a japanese guy recently who was a brilliant traditional Irish player . Its a big world out there .
niall gregory
niallgregory

Postby blavonski » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:53 pm

leedy2 wrote:Them I do not know they are the Joe Q Puerto Rico band in the New York band it was Bobby Nelson

Ok, thanks!

GV,
Blavonski
Good Vibrations,
Mr. Blavonski
blavonski

Postby RitmoBoricua » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:11 am

leedy2 wrote:This is the new York Band with Willie Torres , Manny Corchado , my self, David , Herman Gonzalez RIP, Bobby Nelson this was filmed in Colombia.this from the 80s http://youtu.be/XDwqnvU_RvA

Are you playing congas on this one? Talking about Mr. Quijano. I think Joe Quijano used to have a guy in his band by the name of Charlie Fox that later on became a hot shot in hollywood writing scores for movies, tv etc. Did you play with him?
RitmoBoricua

Postby Victor » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:39 pm

Hello,
I'm new to this forum. I have an original pair of LP bongos that I purchased in the 70s when they were made in New Jersey. They sound great. I also have a pair of LP generation II and to be honest they sound great too. I think the generation II have more volume. I don't own custom drums but I think the value in them is that they look good and have a uniqueness since they are custom. I wouldn't argue that they sound better. I think a drum made of wood, like a fine classical guitar, will have its own voice. No two should sound alike and of course the player will add to that uniqueness of voice. Just my humble opinion.
Victor

Postby RitmoBoricua » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:37 am

Victor wrote:No two should sound alike and of course the player will add to that uniqueness of voice.

Is not the arrow is the indian.
RitmoBoricua

Previous

Return to Bongo