Better Sound with Fyberskin

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby caballoballo » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:28 pm

Vaya Bongoceros, I just got my Bongó back from Junnior at Ismael Timba store,he installed a set of Fyberskin and I can tell you the difference in sound of those heads is much much better than before with the Nuskyns. I just tune it a little and the Hembra sound is deep and the Macho is crisp as I wanted. That store has those Skins lower in price than other places,the macho cost me $28.00 and the Hembra 9" was $38.00. The people at villa music had a price of $45.00 for each one,hummmm,I went there the other day and they have the Elite wooden for $269.00, that is a $100 more than in the internet.

Raymond,may be the Elite fiberglass is different from the wooden 1 because the heads fits perfectly and I do not see any aluminum from the rim. Junnior told about the quality and details of the Elite been a lot better than with other more expensive brands,he also told me they will start manufacturing Congas and Bongós around summer next year,I be waiting.
Josean
caballoballo

Postby Raymond » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:52 am

Caballoballo,

Well, maybe are my Pearl Richie Flores signatures...(I just got a set of Pearl Bobby Allende Signature (that are in fiberglass) and they come with Fyberskins from factory. However, the rims are different in the Bobby Allende's to accomodate for the Fyberskins..)

For your info...Villa has a policy that if you find it in the internet or a catalog, they will honor the price....They have a computer just in the door for you to do the checking...If you have the catalog bring it with you...I know Pearl Elites (Regular ones) are around $169-$180 in the net...If you want the "raspberry red" ones with sparkles they have there, that will probably be collector's edition since they are not issuing them anymore, get the internet price. (This I got from Villa himself...by the way...Besides being an endorser, I am about to become Pearl's rep in PR for sales....(part-time)).

By the way...ask for Pearl at Villa....Currently, they have leftovers from clinics and/or special orders...but they are about to make a big order of Pearl Percussion.....they will be there....

Saludos!
Raymond

Postby caballoballo » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:33 pm

Vaya Raymond,
The sound of the Elite with the Fyberskin es violento,good volume,very crisp and the Hembra sound is what I was looking for. Yesterday I played during el ensayo and everybody has something positive to say about the tone of the Elite. Iam very please but I still have to get use to it. I am the type of player who don't drop the Bongó to pickup the Campana and go into the montuno,usually I use my hands to put it on the floor and sometimes my fingers got caught between the rims and I got a little trouble to get the Campana but Like I said,the Elite is amazing. That is why the Valje has not crack over his 18 years of service.

Now talking about Villa Music,the Elite they have on rasberry is kind of a strange color almost pink and you know how peolple down here associate those types of color been gaysibos so I think that Elite is going to be there for a long time but I did check that Elite and the wood is very thick and the hardware is of high quality. If you become Pearl representative,that is going to be great for us here at the Island,that way you will have all the options and models, keep pushing the issue about making an Elite with traditional rims,I be the first buying one but this time a wooden. Pa' encima Rumbero
Josean
caballoballo

Return to Bongo