Back to the Roots

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby caballoballo » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:18 am

Bongoceros,

I have been trying to find a better sound out of the hembra shell in my Bongos for the last month. Finally I decided to remove the synthetic head beacuse the Moperc Bongó came with a thick Cow hide on the hembra and sounded so good that I told myself to try with a thick head on the Pearl Elite and bingo he is "alive". Forget it,even if I have to tune that head after every break while playing I don't think I go back to synthetic on the Hembra. The natural sound has a better feeling,it is just the way it suppose to be. I bought the premounted head from Cyrus at Bongomania,it is a thick steer head made by Timba Percussion. On the other half I will keep the fyberskin on the macho because as everybody know it is easy to tune plus I don't think the preassure on the shell is as much as when the skin is natural and you really have to keep tighten and tighten. The experiment is over.

People from the Island,Does anybody remember a Radio station from the 1960,1970 and 1980s name WVOZ or Radiovoz ? They are back on the air in AM 1520 with the best SalSa you can think,forget about Z93,those guy a Wvoz are giving them a catedra (kicking their A$$) every day,I mean you can not have a radio station where the music is been program and the Dj can only play the programmed stuff,you as a Dj need to have the freedom to play the music that really make the people dance. Remember hay mas SalSa que pescao asi que por que vamos a seguir oyendo lo mismo todos los dias. Arre,Arre Caballo
Josean
caballoballo

Return to Bongo