Moperc Percussion Salsa Bongó

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby caballoballo » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:49 pm

Mi gente Bongocera,

I just have to said Wow, what an excellent instrument,everything,the hardware,the wood(ash) 3/4" thick top and bottom and about 5/8" in the center of the shell. The sound,just wonderful,crisp highs and deep bass from the Hembra. Talking about the hembra which is only 8.5",the sound is as big as the one from the Pearl Elite which is 9".

Those people at Moperc are correct when they said that Bongoceros can play now at full volume because of the design been cylindrical and not conical,I tell you,the sound from the Moperc Bongó is just outstanding. I have a choice between A Colombian made solid wood Bongó no staves and a Puerto Rican hand made Charlie Vega Bongó and believe me,I tune every one of them to compare but the sound of the Moperc was something else. I was lucky to purchase that Bongó for 1/3 less of the regular price. In accordance with the seller,nobody want it because of the color which is kind of yellow but we should have an open mind about color because the most important characteristic of an instrument is the sound. Arre Caballo

Edited By caballoballo on 1131972717
Josean
caballoballo

Postby CIMARRON » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:23 am

Como va la Vaina!! Yo personalmente tengo el primer Bongo Moperc de Michel es mi Pana en Quebec, Canada. lo del colorsito eso esta a tu criterio lo puedes llamar y el te lo pinta de Diamantes si quieres. SONIDO jajajaaj ese bongo si es bravo, soy parte de los disenadores de ese MOUSTRUO de BONGO, las CONGAS preguntale a Manenguito y los munequitos.
Lastimosamente casi nadie los conoce porque Michel es artesano, PAPO (bongonsero) de Poncho los utiliza. y Yo que soy BONGOLACHE. repartiendo timba en la calle. porque ? porque son de CAOBA.
Fidel castro
CIMARRON

Return to Bongo