3/2  &  2/3 clave - with both hands

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby franc » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:41 pm

guys,
i just learned to play in my bongos the two son claves at the same time. woaw!! does it feels good. i do alternate hands .i am left handed. it feels great when you accentuate the 3 part of the clave with your left hand on the hembra drum, then change accentuate with your right hand on the macho drum. then do the same with the two part of the clave. it makes me feel great. remember i am in the intermediate level. still learning from you masters in this great forum. :D :O :laugh: . áche to all my friends, franc
ibúkún,ire,
Franc ♪♪
franc

Postby ABAKUA » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:20 am

Hey Franc, if what you are talking about is playing 2-3 with left hand and 3-2 with right hand at same time, this can also be used in cascara application on the cascara of the timbal, providing it sits within the rest of the arrangement.
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby franc » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:49 pm

abakua,
mi pana. yes, that is what i meant. i will practice it in cascara. thanks and my best. it is great for hand and foot independence. saw your video performance, great dancers and a great orchestra and best yet your conga solo. smoking!!!!!!!!!take care, franc :D
ibúkún,ire,
Franc ♪♪
franc

Postby ABAKUA » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:32 am

Gracias Franc!!! Me da alegria que te gusto el clip! :)
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Return to Bongo