Rolls?And other questions - Help on some things

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby caballoballo » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:07 pm

Raymond,

Son De Madre will be at Palo 11 this Friday. I have a suggestion since you are a Pearl representative and I know you should have influenced the design of the Traditional Rim Bongó,try to convince them to make the shells cilyndrical instead of conical. That desing will make the sound more powerfull to an hembra of only 8.5" . I remember that measure from a last year post from you.
Josean
caballoballo

Postby Raymond » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:11 pm

Caballoballo,

I won't be able to make since I'll be California in the NAMM convention with Pearl. This convention is the one for musical instruments. Wilson, the bongosero of Son de Madre has a Pearl bongo that I gave him....

Maybe next time!

Your suggestion is welcome..I'll pass it on!

Saludos!
Raymond

Postby neftali.rosado » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:56 am

Raymond & Caballoballo,

Thanks for the feed back you guys gave me its much appreciated. Im getting use to the site so im still learning how to track subjects. I also have another question im currently using a JCR campana but i have been told of one made in Columbia i think its (Georges Percussion) are they any good and if so where can i get one.

Gracias,

Neftali Rosado
neftali.rosado

Postby CIMARRON » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:12 am

FUMATE una MARIJUANA and after HIT MAN hit the BONGO CARA! DONT WORRY ABOUT stupid Tecnics. HOLLLLYYYYYYYY SHIT MAN!!
Fidel castro
CIMARRON

Postby onile » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:29 pm

¡Oye Papa! Cogelo con take-it-easy!

No ay razón pa’ faltarle respeto a los participantes de este foro.
Eres bienvenido al foro después que te comportas civil.

Everyone on this forum deserves respect, and we give it, no matter how much we may disagree with one another.

Now having said that, hopefully you will be kind enough to share some of your experience with the rest of us here:

Where are you from?
How long have you played?
What do you play?
And anything else you would like to share….

La bendicion!

Onile!
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Postby neftali.rosado » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:48 am

Cimarron,

With all due respect i take this very serious i live for this and although that may be the preference of some its not mine my high is playing music. I dream, sleep and, eat this so i will continue to due what i can to learn from everyone after all i thought thats what this board was about. If anyone has a response to my previous question please respond it was about Campanas from Colombia made by (Georges Percussion). Saludos to all the Musicos/Maestros.

-We all learned to walk before we started to run-
-Que viva la Salsa-

Thanks,

Neftali Rosado
neftali.rosado

Postby caballoballo » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:35 pm

Onile,que está pasando.

Thanks for writing your message to Cimarron on both English & Spanish. I don't know where they came from (cimarron & muñequito) but they have use the same ofensive language in any post that they have provided any input. If the same aproach from them continue,I think the moderator of the forum should block them out. Also one of them use CASA DE LA PINGA as his whereabouts which in Spanish every body knows the meaning.

En este foro siempre existe la cordialidad y todos tenemos las mismas metas hacia los instrumentos que tocamos. Yo opino que cada cual no importa su experiencia tiene siempre algo que aportar. Albert Einstein dijo una vez que escucharan a los niños pues ellos siempre tienen grandes ideas.

Edited By caballoballo on 1137854267
Josean
caballoballo

Postby onile » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:10 pm

¡Vaya Papa!
¡Bien dicho mi pana Caballoballo!

Eso dos charlatánes llegaron pa’molestar la tranquilidad y harmonía del foro nuestro
mas na’.
Everyone's opinion and experience should always be welcomed on a forum such as this, however there is a certain decorum (manera de portarse), that should be observed at all times. Respect, humility, and compassion should be practiced at all times. These two may return, but I'm with you hermano Caballoballo, if they do, and they continue along the same path as they entered, then they should be ousted! Punto final!

Suave!
Onile!

Edited By onile on 1137863454
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Postby Bataboom » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:36 pm

wow I missed that one... might be a good thing I mighta said something back in the original posters defense ! It coulda got ugly WoOT !! :p
Bataboom

Postby caballoballo » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:10 pm

Neftali,Saludos

It is the first time I have heard about that brand of campana. Many Bongoceros use the JCR low pitch type, I am one of them. This type of campana produce a low powerfull fat sound although sometimes it has an overtone but you can cure that with those square pieces of glued rubber that are sold by home depot. Make sure you put some extra heavy glue under them beacuse by hitting hard they may loose. Jcr also sells a cowbell beater made of phenolic which is better than the wood types. The LP ES9 has also a fat sound but it does not project too good thru the mix.

Edited By caballoballo on 1137867147
Josean
caballoballo

Postby neftali.rosado » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:24 pm

caballoballo,

Thanks for the tip its greatly appreciated, im just trying to get as much knowledge and help as i can im a true believer that we are always learning something new. Gracias y saludos a todos.

Neftali Rosado
neftali.rosado

Postby Raymond » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:22 pm

We need to block this guy CIMARRON, if he keeps those kind of posts. Wondering who handles that. (Just for what he has in his "info", profanity, I will take him off if I was the forum moderator).

Going back to the "campana" issue. Some of us recommend JCR because that is what we like. However, that does not preclude you to use what you like. At the end is going to be what you like and prefer and with what you get "your sound."

That brand you are mentioning it, I have not heard before. Lots of good craftmen out there doing good work...

Saludos!
Raymond

Postby rumbaman » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:34 pm

All my blessings to all of you today . Cimmaron we are all guys that been there done that . You dont have to show your uncensured dialouge , sorry about the spelling . Remember your on an exclusive site that has memmbers from all over the world . compose yourself just like all of us do . I always think about what i write here also . I may not agree with some stuff but always be courteouse , and dont get offended when someone gives an opinion that you do not agree with.

P.S. change that ( de la casa de la pinga thing ) its not politically appropriate . Trust me it aint, i also thought about it when i saw it ............PEACE MY BROTHA !!!

rumbaman :D
rumbaman

Postby franc » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:40 am

guys,
hope all is fine!! i agree with with my decent rumberos. these two guys ''Cimaron y muñequito'' should be kicked out of this decent forum. they should join the gay forum instead!! if only i could slam the hembra of my ''LP genaration 3 across their faces. maybe they'll changed. áche mis amigos. with respect, franc :angry: :D
ibúkún,ire,
Franc ♪♪
franc

Postby franc » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:33 am

please don't take me seriously, ok. really i am not that kind of person.i just joking when i said such comments. the least i have is violence . is not my nature!! i am a men of peace, order, understanding and good will..but agree with you guys about this two insensible people posting foul language in this great forum. i do apolygize in responding with violence.!!! my best to all!! áche to all to the upmost!! franc
ibúkún,ire,
Franc ♪♪
franc

PreviousNext

Return to Bongo