JCR Bongo Experts?

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

JCR Bongo Experts?

Postby pcastag » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:13 pm

Just go these on a trade for my mopercs, loving the sound! The mopercs were a lot heavier and louder, but these babies have that nice dry tight sound that I love. Maybe not so great for loud gigs but that's what LP's with plastic heads are for right? Anyways, I was wondering if any of you JCR experts might be able to define the era, I'm thinking Caribbean Rhythms Dominican shells. Nothing like that nice caribeno mahogany wood!

JCR bongos 001 by pcastag1, on Flickr

JCR bongos 002 by pcastag1, on Flickr

JCR bongos 003 by pcastag1, on Flickr
PC
pcastag

Re: JCR Bongo Experts?

Postby caballoballo » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:59 pm

Not a bad deal at all. Top of the line for top of the line. Once I owned a solid type shell made by Colombia percusiĆ³n but was always worried about a jagged type of crack on that type of shell which would have been kind of difficult to repair. Moreover, Mopercs project more volume because of the cylindrical desing vs jcr conical.
Josean
caballoballo

Postby pcastag » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:30 am

Yeah moperc are loud heavy drums they sound awesome, their cogas are the same, but since I play kit my bongos leave the house for gigs mybe 4-5 times a year. For jammin in the house the jcrs work much better for me, not as heavy and the tapered shape feels more comfortable between the legs.
PC
pcastag

Postby caballoballo » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:21 am

Pcastag you have made a great deal adquiring those jcr not too many of that condition are around. My bongos leave my house all the time, I just got back from playing at the church. You know I have to give a lot back to the Lord for the blessings he has provided to my family so I do it playing for Him & may be have something else for me to do for Him later. About gigs Conjunto Akangana have 4 coming starting next Saturday then on Oct 5,12 & one on the 24 when we will be playing on Tv.
Josean
caballoballo

Postby pcastag » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:22 am

Nice bro! Gracias a Dios. I work a lot even though i am not a full time musician, four gigs coming up this week, vocal jazz Tuesday, Brazilian singer Wednesday, country and soul Saturday and a cuban brunch Sunday. I've been blessed with a wife who tolerates it and kids who love music, on top of that I'm a high school assistant principal, not a lt of money in education but I love working with the kids, the good ones and the bad ones. Feeling blessed.
PC
pcastag

Return to Bongo