Ebay

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Ebay

Postby caballoballo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:04 am

Saludos, there is a Moperc tropical series on ebay. Do not pass the opportunity of adquiring one of the best Bongos on the market.
Josean
caballoballo

Re: Ebay

Postby pcastag » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:01 am

Mopercs are real nice, the construction is the best - to me- made today , that includes all the famous folks, sound is subjective, they project well and have a real nice sound without sacrificing the tradition. Nice tight dry sound. Heavy as hell though!
PC
pcastag

Postby caballoballo » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:22 pm

Heavy? The one I have is only 11 pounds, in comparison with an El Piernas made of guayacan 13.5 pounds it is a piece of cake. I agree with you about Moperc been the best built and I take them over any of the other custom made boutique type any time.
Josean
caballoballo

Postby burke » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:44 pm

All I get when I search ebay for moperc is a couple djembes
Burke
burke

Postby pcastag » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:21 pm

caballoballo wrote:Heavy? The one I have is only 11 pounds, in comparison with an El Piernas made of guayacan 13.5 pounds it is a piece of cake. I agree with you about Moperc been the best built and I take them over any of the other custom made boutique type any time.

I had the maple custom cubanos. Heavy. Really. I also find the cylindrical shape is a bit tougher on the legs, but I don't play bongo regularly so I can't really comment about how that feels long term. Too bad they are so scarce in the states, his congas are top notch as well.
PC
pcastag

Return to Bongo