timbas ismael - timbas ismael bongos

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby twinsbongo » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:09 am

iam still looking to buy an pay top dollar for a set of bongos made by timbas ismael.if you have one call me at 817-707-6886
twinsbongo

Postby caballoballo » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:13 am

Twin,that is a very rare Bongó. I know somebody who has one,I try to convince him to trade it or sell it to me. His answer was that he rather sell or trade his ASS before giving away his Timbas Ismael Bongó. So,it is hard to find one and who ever has one,is not going to sell it unless he does not know what he got.
Josean
caballoballo

Postby twinsbongo » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:04 pm

gracias pana mia seguiremos buscanco.i know is not a very easy bongo to find.
saludos mi gente
julio texas
twinsbongo

Postby Raymond » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:06 pm

In search for a Timbas Ismael bongo: word of advice.

Ismael died several years ago. (I think the beginning of the 90s). His son and widow are running his shop. So, when you find some ask if they were made by the old man, Ismael, or if they are the new generation made by his son. The old Timbas Ismael bongos and congas are collector items, oustanding drums. Not saying that the new ones are not but I've been told that.

Have not been to Timbas Ismael in awhile but the shop is not the same as it was several years ago...

I hope this helps!

Saludos!
Raymond

Postby twinsbongo » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:44 am

THANKS RAYMOND FOR THE INFO.
I JUST SPOKE TO HIS SON AND HE DID NOT HAVE ANY THERE. NEITHER ONE OF THEM. BUT HE ALSO TOLS ME THAT THE STORE IS CLOSING. ISMAEL'S WIFE JUST PASS DIED FEW WEEKS AGO. EVERYTHING IN THE STORE IS ON CLEARANCE.THAT WAS A CONVERSATION I HAD WITH THE SON AS PER 1/03/07.
SALUDOS JULIO
twinsbongo

Return to Bongo