History sub-forum - For debate and learning

Let's discuss about the origin and history of this beautiful instrument...

Postby davidpenalosa » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:40 pm

:D :D

I recently moved from a back-to-the-land community (27 years), where that type of "knowledge" was regularly heard on the public radio station. :p Although, it was more along the lines of the hippie-lunatic fringe/paranoid conspiracy theory/UFO-kind of thing.
-David
davidpenalosa

Postby pcastag » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:14 pm

davidpenalosa wrote:Berimbau,
Sorry, I was trying to make a joke by stating a delusional theory connecting the Illuminati and UFO aliens to Ancient African Kingdoms (remember I live in Northern California, where people say this kind of stuff with a straight face). I think you may have misunderstood me, but I ended up learning something new anyway.

So, are there some researchers who hypothesize that Christianized Congolese were brought to the New World as slaves? That would offer an interesting slant on the whole issue of Afro-Euro religious "synchronization". Or, did Christianized Congolese help facilitate the slavery of non-Christians?

It’s interesting, there’s an Oyá (Yoruba) song with the Moslem greeting "sala saleko maleku salam" in it. There’s also a Cuban-Congolese song or two with that phrase. I wonder if these phrases came into African songs via Moslem slave traders?
-David

I think many of the slaves brought over were muslim. I'm pretty sure he ancient empires of mali and songhai were muslim empires.
PC
PC
pcastag

Postby davidpenalosa » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:12 pm

pcastag wrote:I think many of the slaves brought over were muslim. I'm pretty sure he ancient empires of mali and songhai were muslim empires.

Yeah, but as far as I know, the Congolese and Yoruba of the 1700's-1800's were not.
-David
davidpenalosa

Postby pcastag » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:48 am

I don't really know, but I'm sure once they got to the Amerca's they had contact with muslim slaves from other parts of Africa.
PC
pcastag

Postby SkinDeep » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:24 pm

THERE'S NO DOUBT THAT THE YORUBAS AND MUSLIMS INFLUENCED EACH OTHER. LOOK AT THE HAUSA, THEY ARE BATA DRUMMERS BUT THEY ALSO ABIDE BY THE KORAN.
THE INFLUENCE HAS ALWAYS BEEN THERE. OBATALA IS A COMBINATION OF TWO WORDS, OBA WHICH IS YORUBA FOR FATHER AND TA'ALA WHICH COMES FROM ALLAH TA'ALA (ALLAH, THE MOST HIGH).
AND YES YOU ARE RIGHT. THOSE IN BONDAGE DURING THE 1700-1800 WERE NOT MUSLIM. THEY HAD TO BRING THE MUSLIM SLAVES BECAUSE THEY WERE EASIER TO CONVERT TO THE CHRISTIAN RELIGION, WHAT I'M SAYING IS THAT ISLAM AND CHRISTIANITY ARE MUCH MORE SIMILAR AND BOTH BELIEVE IN ONE DIETY. THE WORD MUSLIM COMES FROM MU AND SALAAM AND IT MEANS ONE WHO IS OF PEACE. IN AMERICA THEY TOOK THESE TOWNS WHERE THEY KEPT THE MUSLIM SLAVES AND CALLED THEM SALEM. SHARIFF IS WHERE THE WORD SHERIFF CAME FROM, ALSO ISLAMIC. AND YES BERIMBAU, THIS ALSO COMES FROM THE DOCTRINE OF THE UNITED NUWAUBIAN NATION OF MOORS.
THE EGIPTIANS OR SHOULD I SAY THE TAMA-REANS HAVE HAD A MAJOR INFLUENCE ON THE WHOLE WORLD, WHERE DO YOU THINK THE SAYING AS ABOVE SO BELOW COMES FROM? IT COMES FROM THE FACT THAT EACH PYRAMID IN EGYPT WAS LINED UP WITH A STAR IN THE UNIVERSE. EXAMPLE: LOOK AT THE 3 PYRAMIDS IN GIZA, THOSE PYRAMIDS ARE LINED UP WITH THE 3 STARS IN THE BELT OF ORION. LOOK AT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH WITH ALL THEIR SAINTS WITH HALOS ON THEIR HEAD, THEY COPIED THAT FROM THE SUN GODS IN ANCIENT EGYPT WHO ARE SHOWN ON THE WALLS WITH A SUN DISK BEHING THEIR HEAD. WHERE DOES IT SAT THAT JESUS WAS TAKEN TO FOR PROTECTION? EGYPT. IT ALSO STATES IN THE PATAKIS OF THE YORUBA THAT ODUDUA TRAVELED FROM EGYPT. IF YOU DON'T THINK THAT MAN IS RELATED TO THE FISH THEN EXPLAIN TO ME YOUR ORIGIN AS A TADPOLE IN A BAG OF WATER. IF SO CALLED U.F.O'S AREN'T REAL THEN WHY DID ROBERT KENNEDY SET UP AN ORGANIZATION TO STUDY THEM? MY POINT IS THAT JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE DOESN'T HAVE WISDOM CONCERNING CERTAIN THINGS DOESN'T MAKE IT FALSE.
DR. ZARAMEGA, AS FAR AS EGYPTIAN INFLUENCE ON THE AZTECS AND MAYANS, THE NATIVE AMERICAN TRIBES OF CENTRAL AND SOUTH AMERICA ALL LINK BACK TO THE OLMECS. THE OLMECS WERE OF AFRICAN DESCENT COMING FROM UGANDA THEY WERE CALLED OLMECS BECAUSE THEY BRUNG THE RUBBER TREES OVER HERE TO THE NEW WORLD, OLMECS MEANS THE PEOPLE OF THE RUBBER. ALL OF THAT AREA WAS ANCIENT EGYPT AT ONE TIME. FOR EXAMPLE THE ORIGINAL HOPI NATIVE AMERICANS IN AMERICA WERE A DARK PEOPLE AND THEY KEPT THE SAME RITUALS AS THE DOGONS OF MALI, LOOK IT UP FOR YOURSELF!!! HAPI OR HOPI WAS THE NAME OF THE 4TH SON OF HORUS, ONCE AGAIN EGYPT.

Edited By SkinDeep on 1151159111
MOFORIBALE AL TAMBO!!!
SkinDeep

Postby davidpenalosa » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:31 pm

:D
davidpenalosa

Postby Berimbau » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:02 pm

Do then it IS true......the aliens HAVE landed and are now living amongst us. I personally plan on wearing a tin foil hat today so that they can't control my mind!!!!!

All Power To Ra,

Berimbau
Berimbau

Postby pcastag » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:27 pm

SkinDeep wrote:IN AMERICA THEY TOOK THESE TOWNS WHERE THEY KEPT THE MUSLIM SLAVES AND CALLED THEM SALEM.

THE OLMECS WERE OF AFRICAN DESCENT COMING FROM UGANDA THEY WERE CALLED OLMECS BECAUSE THEY BRUNG THE RUBBER TREES OVER HERE TO THE NEW WORLD, OLMECS MEANS THE PEOPLE OF THE RUBBER.

Salem Massachusetts did not have a slave population.

There is absolutely NO concrete evidence linking to olmecs to ANY african tribe. The idea that the stone head carvings the olmecs made "looked" african because of their large noses is junk science, and another example of rascist ideas about African people.
PC
PC
pcastag

Postby SkinDeep » Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:57 pm

OH YEAH THEN READ THIS PCASTAG
http://www.theperspective.org/olmecs.html

Edited By SkinDeep on 1151173276
MOFORIBALE AL TAMBO!!!
SkinDeep

Postby SkinDeep » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:19 pm

Berimbau wrote:Do then it IS true......the aliens HAVE landed and are now living amongst us. I personally plan on wearing a tin foil hat today so that they can't control my mind!!!!!

All Power To Ra,

Berimbau

OUT OF EVERYTHING I SAID ALL MR. BERIMBAU CAN FOCUS ON IT'S
ALIENS AND USE HIS HUMOR AS A WAY TO AVIOD A DISCUSSION. DID YOUR MENTORS TEACH YOU THAT ALSO? SHOULD WE GIVE THEM CREDIT FOR THAT TOO?

DISCUSSION IS OVER MY BROTHER!
MOFORIBALE AL TAMBO!!!
SkinDeep

Postby davidpenalosa » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:27 pm

That "archeologist" appeared on the Art Bell radio show. For some that adds credibility, for me it has the opposite effect. I don't disagree that those Olmec faces have "African-looking" characteristics. What that means though is nor clear. Perhaps if I put on my tinfoil hat I will understand. :D
davidpenalosa

Postby pcastag » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:08 pm

SkinDeep wrote:OH YEAH THEN READ THIS PCASTAG
http://www.theperspective.org/olmecs.html

Oh yeah!! Well read this then!

http://www.crystalinks.com/olmec.html
PC
pcastag

Postby Berimbau » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:02 pm

The Olmec figures are representations of child Gods and their phenotypic features are consistent with their Olmec bloodline. There is NOTHING African about them whatsoever.
Now I promise to stop being humorous when someone comes up with something intellegent or serious to say. And F.Y.I,, Dr. Ivan Van Sertima was one of my professors at Rutgers and I'm quite familiar with his work. Now he had a good sense of humor!!!!!

Saludos,

Berimbau
Berimbau

Postby ABAKUA » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:11 am

Remember to play nice kiddies....

Discussion, no taunting etc... :)
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby Master2987 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:29 pm

Last I checked this was the history forum. What started out with some decent discussions has ended up with arguments on superstition, pseudo-science, fiction, and outright bs.

The claims that the Olmecas were of African ancestry simply because they carved some stone heads that had wide noses are absurd. So I guess dolphins are fish because they somehow look like fish right?

And UFOs? Please! Enough of this junk.
Master2987

PreviousNext

Return to Congas or Tumbadoras or...