Leedy Ludwig Humberto Morales Timbales

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby Doctorumba » Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:12 pm

I have a set of these babies and they are in mint condition.Have been used by Orestes Vilato when he comes to Miami and were also used by the late "Rey del Timbal" Tito,who at the time of the movie "Mambo Kings" wanted to buy them from me.According to Orestes,best timbalero on the planet, in my opinin,the cascara sound of the Humberto"s is second to none.These babies were manufactured in the early 1940's before W.W.II.I'm no timbalero, but I can play steady marcha and have played them several times throughout the years in gigs,their sound is very tight like no timbales in the market today. Saludos, Dario
Doctorumba

Re: Leedy Ludwig Humberto Morales Timbales

Postby cuquito717 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:08 am

DARIO
WHY DO YOU WANT TO SELL KEEP THEM WHAT DO YOU EXPECT TO GET MONEY WISE FOR THEM I WILL CALL YOU I MY TAKE THEM THEY ARE NOT SELLING KNOW THINGS ARE HARD I JUST HAD TO GIVE ONE AWAY SO THINK ABOUT IT
CUCO
cuquito717

Postby Omelenko1 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:56 pm

Cuco,

I never said I was selling them. There are no better timbales than these. How many pairs do you own, about 30?

Dario
Last edited by Omelenko1 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omelenko1

Open up Your Dreams

Postby Rutru8612 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:28 am

Banned - spam
Rutru8612

Postby cuquito717 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:44 pm

HI DARIO
I HAVE CAME DOWN QUIT A FEW I GOT ABOUT 17 SET LEFT I SOLD QUIT A FEW SETS I SOLD TO A STORE IN TEXAS 6 SET FEW, HERE AND THERE .SOLD JUST 2 DAYS AGO ONE TO A GUY IN FRANCE VERY GOOD SET,I HATE TO SEE THEM GO BUT MONEY IS MORE INPORTANT KNOW BY THE WAY BONGOS GOT HERE WEIGHT A TON BUT NICE, I GOT 3 SET OF MIENL BONGO SHELLS WITH JCR HARDWARE THAT I MY WANT TO GET RID 1 4 LUG THE OTHER A 5 LUG IF YOU KNOW ANY ONE WANTING A GOOD SET OF BONGOS OR TRADE OK DARIO WAIT TO HERE FROM YOU TAKE CARE
YOUR FRIEND
CUCO
cuquito717

Postby Luis Alvarez » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:53 pm

I am looking for the complete set of HDWE for my Humberto Morales Leedy Ludwid Timbales.
Luis Alvarez

Postby MedinaNYC » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:50 am

You should holla at Leedy. If he don't have, i'm sure he could find it for you. His collection of timables is amazing.
MedinaNYC

Postby Ernesto Pediangco » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:42 am

Omelenko1 wrote:Cuco,

I never said I was selling them. There are no better timbales than these. How many pairs do you own, about 30?

Dario

ha ha, what a big tease !
Ernesto Pediangco

Re:

Postby Ernesto Pediangco » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:23 am

Doctorumba wrote:I have a set of these babies and they are in mint condition.Have been used by Orestes Vilato when he comes to Miami and were also used by the late "Rey del Timbal" Tito,who at the time of the movie "Mambo Kings" wanted to buy them from me.According to Orestes,best timbalero on the planet, in my opinin,the cascara sound of the Humberto"s is second to none.These babies were manufactured in the early 1940's before W.W.II.I'm no timbalero, but I can play steady marcha and have played them several times throughout the years in gigs,their sound is very tight like no timbales in the market today. Saludos, Dario

I remember seeing Ralphy Irizari playing those Leedy's in the movie & was delighted it was correct to the era.
Ernesto Pediangco

Postby boonierat » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:27 pm

Do you still have these for sale? I have a set 1960s Bon Bops oak Tarolas in mint condition. Intersted? I also have a set of three Valje congas for sale. These are the only Flores painted congas on the planet.
boonierat

Postby goingquinto » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:32 pm

what kind of valje and what price?
goingquinto

Postby Anonimo » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:23 am

POST REMOVED BY THE AUTHOR
Anonimo

Postby boonierat » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:41 am

Hey Cuco,
I'm still learning to navigate this sight, not so easy yet. Thanks for the welcome. I'll keep at it.
boonierat

Postby boonierat » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:54 am

They are a set of three Valje from early 1970. I got them directly from Tom Flores in LA. These are the ONLY congas that Tom every painted. When I first walked into the shop I thought they were beautiful. Tom said please get them out of here. He never painted a set before and wanted to try it. He said he got paint all over his shop and himself, and swore he would never paint drums again. And he didn't. These are the only painted Valjes on the planet. They are truly one of a kind.They are all original including heads and sit down stands. I am the only one who ever owned them, $2,500
boonierat

Return to Timbales