noticing the diff between double storke to single

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby pini » Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:33 pm

Hi Jc ,

There was till few months ago , i can call them the only salsa band , cause they were the only ones that played pure salsa and played it well. The name was "Jerusalem Salsa Band".
I read an article saying the band was formed by Tom Riggs , a pianist which later went back to US to play with Celia Cruse.

Now there is a mutation of that band and one singer made his own band which sounds ok but i look alwayes for the timbalero and conguero and the play like robots ... the timbalero was obviously drum set player ...

thats what is mainly in salsa band area.
there are couple of bands playing in pubs buena vista style and old traditional stuff but i like more the style with the high rythm and hit :).

thats it.
now i am waiting to be tiger enough on the timbales so I can gather my band and put all those to the side :) :) :)
pini

Postby yoni » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:46 am

Hi Johnny Conga, I hope all's well in Seattle for you! I thought there were still at least a couple of salsa bands in the Tel Aviv area, but Pini would know better, being that he lives right there; I live about an hour and a half away...

Pini what about the big salsa band that plays at Coco Loco club in the Tel Aviv port, with Roni Ivry on timbales? Aren't they still going? Johnny, I haven't heard of your friend Josh but there were a few more Latin bands active here up till recently I guess... I used to play with a samba group called Macumba, probably the first one in Israel, but that was years ago.
All the best. Later,
Yoni
yoni

Postby pini » Wed Sep 03, 2003 2:49 pm

Coco Loco is about to reopen ( it was under reconstruction ).
Meanwhile the band performed a bit but not with the original name.

pini
pini

Previous

Return to Timbales