"Mucho Pad" by Daniel de los Reyes - Timbale Practice Pad!

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby tamboricua » Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:37 pm

Hi Congaforum, hope all is well! Have anyone out there tried
this new timbale practice pad created by Daniel de los Reyes?

Daniel de los Reyes, "Mucho Pad"

All the best,

Jorge Ginorio
tamboricua

Postby Tonio » Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:53 pm

tamboricua,
I have'nt tried them, but it looks great for those moments when you can't play the actual ones.

Thanks for sharing.
T
Tonio

Postby pini » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:10 am

Jorge , whats up ?

I havent tried them but I'll tell you what I do.
I put towels on the drum heads and I also have a pad that I use as a stiff surface.My main problem now is the left hand which start to gain strength day by day. Another problem is loosing the grip on the stick when doing fast movements from one drum to the other , so this pad .. , it wont help me with that and its quite expensive , I think with towels :) and one-two drum pad u can simulate the effect u want.

I also use towels on the sides of the drum. I use clips to attached them to the sides and reduce sound by that way. I dont know if that touch is the same ( offcourse not ) but the whole movement of the arms and hands during the playing get practiced this way.

by the way I didn't forget what u have told me about putting another videos on your site , so i am still waiting :).

pini

Edited By pini on Sep. 05 2003 at 13:13
pini

Postby tamboricua » Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:59 pm

Hi Pini, hope all is well! Thanks for the tips I really appreciate. I do use towels on my tumbadoras when warming up and so. For the timbales, I do have some HQ Sound Off 14", 15" silencers that do the job perfectly. To muff the cowbells, I did took an extra HQ silencer and cutted it in order to cover the top of the bells, I do attach it to the bells with rubber bands.

I haven't forgot about the videos on the site. Things for me have been very busy with the arrival of my new baby boy. In the meantime, check out Cliff Brooks web site.

http://www.afrocubanchops.com

Cliff has plenty of instructional clips for cajones de rumba, tumbadoras, bongó, and timbales.

All the best,

Jorge Ginorio

Edited By tamboricua on Sep. 05 2003 at 16:00
tamboricua

Postby pini » Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:48 pm

Jorge , congratulation on the baby boy.

Those silencers that you talk about , do they have caps on them ? becuase mine has and it is disturbing.

wouldn't it be nice if we could buy mountable rubbers to simulate cowbells and also attachable rubbers for the sides for the cascara and maybe the cymbal also?

for all those with commercial touch , think about it , i dont know what is the potential timbales players around the world but its worth checking.

I guess that developing electronic timbales is out of the question ah ?

regards ,
pini
pini

Postby tamboricua » Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:59 pm

Thanks Pini! No, mine don't have caps on it. They are just a piece of black rubber that you lay on the drum, they are made by HQ Percussion and called Sounf Off Drumset silencers. HQ site is at:

http://www.hqpercussion.com

Check out the cymbal silencers, they can be easily adapted to cowbells or even the "paila" sides.

All the best,

Jorge Ginorio
tamboricua

Return to Timbales