Great Cymbals - El Sabor

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby TampabayRey » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:07 pm

Just my 2 cents. I now own several of sabian cymbals the El sabor models Splash, crash/Ride and also chinese mini AAX cymbal.This are excellent cymbals for latin and Jazz music.
I did tried the Zildjian Azuka timbale but didn't care for it. I was hoping on finding the Zildjian Azuka Salsa Timbale but no luck. They stop making it back in 2003. Let me know if someone might be able to find one.
Rey
TampabayRey

Postby zaragemca » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:20 pm

Greeting the Cymbals are made out of Bronze,(which have Copper as the main component in the Alloys),depending on the amount of Copper,(70 %),would be called Bronze,and if it is less that,(40 %),would be called Brass...The Bronze, was used by the Africans,(Yorubas,Egiptians),some where from 3000/2000 BC,later also it was used by the Persians and the Chinese.The Characteristics of how the Cymbals is going to be Dry,Bright,Explosive,Crashy,Splashy,Sustainable,Heavy,Light,etc., is given in the Alloys,(how much of Zinc,Tin,Chomium,Silver,and other metals are mixed with it).Sabian,(which is an out/reach of the Zildjian/Family), and others manufacturers,have been conducting some research in the laboratories in relation to the characteristics of the (Alloys Mixing), which together with the manufacturing process, is bringing some new products with more variety of dynamics projections and tastes for percussionists and drummers.I did a posting in the Miscellanea site for more information in reference of Cymbals,(which is not a rule).Dr. Zaragemca

Edited By zaragemca on 1130006578
International Club of Percussionists
zaragemca

Postby Raymond » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:26 pm

Like we talked before Zildjian quit making the Azuka Salsa Timbale and now has only the Timbale model. The new Azuka Timbale, like the old one, has a dark sound, is too thick, hence, it has a long decay. The Azuka Salsa Timbale was bright, fast crash, paper thin, bright bell, with short decay. (The current Azuka Timbale differes from the old one that it has a brilliant finish and it has more hammered surface....Sounds a like but a little brighter...still don't like the sound. Still sounds like a K).

Heard, can't confirm, that the Azuka line has not been that succesful and some people saw it as a way to sell some exisiting Zildjian models in a new category. Azuka, intended for the latin player, used to have like 6 cymbals including hi-hats. Now has two. Have not verify it but my friends tells me that the Zildjian A Thin Crash provides you the same sound as the old Azuka Salsa Timbale and is priced about the same. I have an Azuka Salsa Timbale and don't want to wait until it breaks (have a regular old Timbale but used rarely). I might get me an A thin crash to confirm what I said).

Sabia El Sabor????? Actually sounds like the regular Azuka Timbale but a little brigher but sound a like...Is OK!

Remember that for cymbals is to try them and see what you like...Don't get what others recommend...get the sound you want and like!

Saludos!

Edited By Raymond on 1130182026
Raymond

Return to Timbales