Timbal Solo!

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby tamboricua » Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:04 am

Hola CongaForum, hope all is well! Please, take a visit to:

http://www.rhythmweb.com/jorge

There you will find a Real Audio video clip of myself in the middle of a timbal solo. :0

Hope you guys like it!

Saludos, Jorge Ginorio
tamboricua

Postby 120decibels » Tue Sep 10, 2002 12:33 pm

Jorge,

Great Solo! Thank you!

Zach
120decibels

Postby tamboricua » Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:46 pm

Thanks, Zach. I really appreciate!

Saludos, Jorge Ginorio
tamboricua

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:03 pm

:D VAYA Timbalero, llego con Descarga, Guajira y Guagaunco! ChaCho you look like my timbalero in Miami, Alberto Sierra..Nice solo de Timbal...Pa"Lante...JC JOHNNY CONGA... ;)
JohnnyConga

Postby tamboricua » Wed Sep 11, 2002 4:19 pm

Vaya Bonkó Mayor, muchas gracias. I really appreciate!

Saludos, Jorge Ginorio :)
tamboricua

Postby cubanrcn » Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:54 pm

Awesome solo! Put up more vids.
cubanrcn

Postby onile » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:49 pm

Tu si que esta' en algo brothel!
That was great, as "Cubanrcn" said....."put up more vids"
It's great to watch professionals at their best!

Adelante!
Onile
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Postby mcraghead » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:10 pm

JohnnyConga wrote::D VAYA Timbalero, llego con Descarga, Guajira y Guagaunco! ChaCho you look like my timbalero in Miami, Alberto Sierra..Nice solo de Timbal...Pa"Lante...JC JOHNNY CONGA... ;)

Would that be "Tito" Sierra that released the CD "La Nueva Ley"? Great CD by the way.

The creator of the CubanMusic group on Yahoo, Curtis Lanoune , did the arrangement for the second track on that CD. For a Yuma he knows a lot about Cuban music.
Michael K. Craghead

"Nunca Pescao, Siempre Tiburon"
mcraghead

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:11 pm

Yea that is Tito Sierra the son of Alberto...Tito has also sat in with my band in Miami, when Pops couldnt make it...I saw a video of Tito takinga timbale solo when he was 9 years old out playing The timbalero of a Salsa band in Chicago...when the solo was over the timbalero handed Tito his sticks and said "u got the gig,kid"...."JC" Johnny Conga....he was already seriously playing at 9 years old...... :(
JohnnyConga

Postby mcraghead » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:02 am

JohnnyConga wrote:Yea that is Tito Sierra the son of Alberto...Tito has also sat in with my band in Miami, when Pops couldnt make it...I saw a video of Tito takinga timbale solo when he was 9 years old out playing The timbalero of a Salsa band in Chicago...when the solo was over the timbalero handed Tito his sticks and said "u got the gig,kid"...."JC" Johnny Conga....he was already seriously playing at 9 years old...... :(

Heck, I'm 41 and I still can't play. :(
Michael K. Craghead

mcraghead

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:42 pm

Hey guys not to put a damper on your playing but there are 10 year olds Like (Los Ibeyis,Jr) from Cuba that are tearing it up. U can buy the video on Boogalu Productions called "Fiesta de Tambores" this DVD also features Los Papines-Tata Guines-Los Ibeyis,Jr.-Grupo Yoruba Andabo....the kids will blow ur mind...this was done about 3 years ago so the "quinto" player with Los Ibeyis is now about 13.... they do not fool around when it comes to playing, they take it very seriously and are very disceplined players, and know where they are every second,they also play Bata too.....I cried the first time I saw them play, it still blows my mind to see someone so young have a 'total" understanding of clave, rumba, quinto,singing at the same time he solos, directing,it's unreal...and a bit intimidating....so hold on to your congas guys , there coming up younger, quicker, and more knowledgable....peace...."JC" Johnny Conga....
JohnnyConga

Postby onile » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:47 pm

¡Vaya JC!
¿Cómo esta mi pana?

Yo! Bro! I have that DVD, and have played it for several drummers that have come over to my house pa' rumbiar, and baby they too get choked up in amazement! It is incredible how they ARE so young and so enmeshed in "clave"! It just blew me away, directing like you said, pregonando, tocando, Chacho! ¡Esta carbón!

Hey, it's all I can do to just hang on baby!

Suave!
Onile!

Edited By onile on 1131990531
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:05 pm

Todo bien ,gracias......yea watching it will give u a heavy "reality" chek on ones "skills". The advantage they have is being "born" into 1.The religion of "Lucumi/Santeria", and 2. being put into "conservatories" at a very young age,so by the time there 10 12 years old they are already playing.. I have seen the "kid" bands, including "Comparsas" using 10 year olds on the "lead quinto" for a Comparsa!.....see dvd "U Laka Laka"...Comparsas de Cuba......"JC" Johnny Conga....
JohnnyConga

Postby mcraghead » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:02 pm

mcraghead wrote:
JohnnyConga wrote:Yea that is Tito Sierra the son of Alberto...Tito has also sat in with my band in Miami, when Pops couldnt make it...I saw a video of Tito takinga timbale solo when he was 9 years old out playing The timbalero of a Salsa band in Chicago...when the solo was over the timbalero handed Tito his sticks and said "u got the gig,kid"...."JC" Johnny Conga....he was already seriously playing at 9 years old...... :(

Heck, I'm 41 and I still can't play. :(

Johnny,

Maybe you know the answer to this. I was reading the review of the Tito Sierra CD on descarga.com and they mentioned Tito being from Cuba via Chicago, but I read something else (other than your post) that gave me the impression that he was from Miami. Is he from Chicago or Miami? Do you know? Thanks.
Michael K. Craghead

mcraghead

Return to Timbales