Photos of Marc Quinones Timbales - I want photos

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby Lucumi » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:24 pm

Hey i just orderd a set of Marc Q timbales and was wandering if anyone had any photos of the drums. i dont realy care to much about the quality of the photo just aslong as it is of those drums. thanks heaps. dom
Lucumi

Postby Raymond » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:52 pm

Here is a photo. (This is me in some of the photos I submitted for endorsement with Pearl).

One thing: the actual clave that comes with the timbales is the yellow one, that is the high pitch. The one in this photo, is the mid pitch, comparable to LP low tone.

This timbales have three features different than others. First, they are tuned from the top. (Pearl includes a convenient wrench for that. Also, they could be tuned from the bottom but you need to use a smaller wrench not a 1/2 that is common). The second feature is the way the drums, cowbell and stand set up. Different than other brands. The drums get "hooked" the way some of the conga stands out there do. (The drums have an "ear" that get hooked with two small screws in the stand). After you set up the drums with the stand, the cowbell post is slide into everything and tighten with a butterfly type "thing). The third feature, that makes people wonder, is that it has 5 tuning lugs rather than the 6 everybody else has....

You are going to love the sound of the timbales. Specially, the cascara...its great! Tell us your impressions once you get them!

I hope it helps. Saludos!

Edited By Raymond on 1161453418

Attachment: http://mycongaplace.com/forum/eng/uploa ... 520006.JPG
Raymond

Postby Lucumi » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:03 am

thanks heaps for the pic and the review.. if anyone has any good info or anything interesting about them i would be grateful. ashe. dom
Lucumi

Postby ABAKUA » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:41 pm

Hope you like them Dom. I know of a few drummers here who have since gotten rid of them cause they were unhappy with them.

Some love em, some hate em. Im surprised you committed to buying them without having even played them.
Remember what Tonio said to you that night... :;):

But then again you never listen do ya! hahahaha.
Now go feed the cat, take out the trash and listen to your mother! :D :laugh:
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby Lucumi » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:55 pm

lol oi marcelo tonio jus sed that steel last longer than other materials and ive read so many reviews that place these pailas above the LP's. also who could refuse a $250 discount?? lol dom
Lucumi

Postby Raymond » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:31 pm

I think you are making a good purchase for the money. The sound is much better on these timbales. The only cons I've found with the timbales is the stand. It does not feel as good as the other brand.

Also, Pearl tried to make the stand sturdy that the"mechanisms" they have to make sure the height of the stand is maintained is actually very hard to handle when you try to slide them. Have put some muscle into it. (This I personally tried to show to the Pearl person in Nashville that although it has good intentions is too hard to handle and maybe make them easier to handle but.....I've had a couple of mishaps in my hands while trying to slide the mechanisms of the stand...ouch!).

Saludos!
Raymond

Return to Timbales