Endel Dueno CDs to recommand? - This guy is goooOOOooooood

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby akdom » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:35 pm

Hi all.

I just saw a video "viva la salsa" with Endel Dueno.

Can anyone recommand an album including Endel Dueno?

Thank you

B
akdom

Postby tamboricua » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:08 pm

Akdom,

Endel Dueno is a veteran who has rendered his talents to many groups during his long career. One of my favorites solos by him is on the tune "Herencia Rumbera" as it appears on Roberto Roena's Apollo Sound VI album. He also released a solo Latin-Jazz album about a year ago, but distribution seems to be in Puerto Rico only, you might try at Descarga for this one.

Saludos,

Jorge Ginorio

Edited By tamboricua on 1149259514
tamboricua

Postby akdom » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:20 am

thanks for the info

what is the name of this latin jazz solo album?

B
akdom

Postby SkinDeep » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:03 pm

ENERGY, HERE YOU GO
ENDEL DUEÑO'S ENERGY ALBUM
MOFORIBALE AL TAMBO!!!
SkinDeep

Postby Raymond » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:32 pm

Yep, "Herencia Rumbera"'s solo is perhaps the solo that showcases his style of soloing. Check the speed. Is in Roberto Rohena & Apollo Sound (#)6 album. Endel in his "hey dey" went back and forth between Roena's group and Tommy Olivencia's Orquestra. There you will find his solo's (Mainly with Olivencia). Did some session playing also in the 70s. He is in Perico's first solo album and others. Batacumbele and others. Check his single stroke abanico that never been immitated that gives him away. Can't remember which he is in, check the credits (in those CD's you can)

He is also in Puerto Rico All-Stars frist albums, that is Endel playinng. Great trap drummer although can't say if it is him in PR All-Stars and Roena that has "hi hats" in some albums.

Now he is proudly a Pearl endorser and I am proud to say I've met my hero from my childhood in timbales. People say Orestes and Nicky Marrero which are great but Endel is Endel..lwith the low timbales and leaning of them giving the greatest solos or single abanicos.

Saludos!

s
Raymond

Postby Firebrand » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:22 pm

Buy the Descarga Boricua Vol 1. - Esta Si Va! double-cd set.
Buy the Descarga boricua Vol 2. - Abrazate a Puerto Rico - double cd set.

That's Endel at his finest...and if you wanna see him live, buy the Bobby Valentin Live at Bellas Artes DVD. he's the timbalero on that concert, and he gets a lot of face time.

Enjoy Endel! :D
Firebrand

Return to Timbales