Luisito Quintero - Quicktime video clip

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby Jongo » Fri May 26, 2006 6:41 pm

Hey Timbaleros, Luisito Quintero has a new CD out called Percussion Madness so while I was looking for reviews of his CD I came across this video clip on the Congahead.com site. It is really good, he is playing rumba clave and some fills and then he just busts out and lets it rip. It's bad azz and worth viewing

http://www.congahead.com/Musicia....ro.html
Jongo

Postby tamboricua » Sat May 27, 2006 3:04 pm

Jongo wrote:Hey Timbaleros, Luisito Quintero has a new CD out called Percussion Madness so while I was looking for reviews of his CD I came across this video clip on the Congahead.com site. It is really good, he is playing rumba clave and some fills and then he just busts out and lets it rip. It's bad azz and worth viewing

http://www.congahead.com/Musicia....ro.html

Hola Jongo,

Hope all is well! Did you were able to find some info on the above mentioned CD?

I'll like to check it out!

Saludos,

Jorge Ginorio
tamboricua

Postby ABAKUA » Sun May 28, 2006 7:59 am

Hey brothers,
here is the direct link to the 'quicktime' format movie:

http://content.congahead.com/movies/luisito.mov

Ache.
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby zaragemca » Tue May 30, 2006 4:36 pm

Saludos :D ,Lol,becouse that's the way I set up to play with DJ's,but actually I removed the kick/bells set up,(I get to tire) and just keep the Conga with the Timbales.Dr. Zaragemca
International Club of Percussionists
zaragemca

Postby Jongo » Tue May 30, 2006 9:49 pm

I have not been able to find out much about the CD, like no sound clips but I have read good reviews. I went ahead and ordered it online just based on the fact that Luisito rocks and I think it will be good. I will have to update everyone when it comes in and I have a chance to listen to it a few times.
BTW I figured out part of what he was playing and worked on it a little over the weekend. I'll admit, I learned the easy part and then I am just blown away.
Jongo

Postby tamboricua » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:23 am

Hi Jongo,

This one is already available @ Descarga.

Luisito Quintero-Percussion Madness

Saludos,

Jorge Ginorio
tamboricua

Postby Vintage 1976 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:42 pm

It's not a bad album, but Louie Vega produced it, and some of the songs are lame.

The best tracks are covers.

"Acid"-Ray Barretto
"Four Beat Mambo" -Tito Puente which I think is actually "Ti Mon Bo" from the 1957 "Top Percussion" album.

"Son Montuno" -Tito Puente.

There is a song in 6/8 th rhythm that is pretty good too.
"Once again you hear the sound of the drums...you love it 'cause it's straight from the slums."
Vintage 1976

Postby tfunk » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:48 pm

I really dig the album, although if your looking for straight up salsa, or Latin jazz, this is not the CD for you. Some amazing grooves, and some interesting incorporation of Brazilian influences, along with the Afro-Cuban stuff.

tfunk
twm
tfunk

Return to Timbales