Old School JCR TMBALES

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby RitmoBoricua » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:17 pm

[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-TIMBALES-J-C-R-PERCUSSION-BRONX-N-Y-REMO_W0QQitemZ120223547013QQihZ002QQcategoryZ3
8094QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE....iewItem[/url]
RitmoBoricua

Postby Thebreeze » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:11 pm

I had a nice set of JCR Timbales like those once and they were really nice, I especially liked the cascaras you get from them. The only thing I did not like too much was that the stand was a little wobbly. Since I also had a nice LP set of Tito Puentes Timbales on hand I would use the base portion of my LP Stand on the Top portion of the JCR stand and the result was a super strong non wobbly stand. Thats how I would use them.
Thebreeze

Postby taikonoatama » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:43 pm

I'm selling mine now. They're in fantastic shape - I just don't have an opportunity to play them enough. SF Bay Area, pickup only:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/msg/598542176.html
taikonoatama

Postby Jongo » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:23 pm

JCR timbales are great. I got a used set on ebay about a year and a half ago and I love them. Great sounding cascara and old school sound. I am sure somebody will jump on those
Jongo

Postby pcastag » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:16 pm

Dang! That set on e-bay went CHEAP!
PC
PC
pcastag

Re:

Postby umannyt » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:46 pm

Jongo wrote:JCR timbales are great. I got a used set on ebay about a year and a half ago and I love them. Great sounding cascara and old school sound. I am sure somebody will jump on those

I'm the lucky buyer of taikonoatama's JCR timbales. A big AMEN to the "great sounding (brighter) cascara and old school sound" from the stainless steel material used! The condition is excellent and I believe that I got them for a reasonable price.

I really don't like to haggle much and I strongly believe in "win-win" situations, as much as possible, and that everybody should end up as happy campers.

I definitely am one very pleased JCR timbales owner. It was my 1st choice for timbales. But, I just couldn't wait the average 6 months that Cali Rivera required for construction. So, I ended up initially buying the Meinl Luis Conte signature timbales in pure brass which I got brand-new for a great deal.

It was a pleasure dealing with taikonoatama. He's truly a straight-shooter as bongosnotbombs described him to be.

My stainless JCR timbales definitely supplement my Meinl Luis Conte timbales with the latter's pleasantly brighter skin sound but drier, darker cascara sound.
umannyt

Return to Timbales