Advanced Timbale Patterns/Ideas - DVDs-Videos?

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Advanced Timbale Patterns/Ideas - DVDs-Videos?

Postby Firebrand » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:42 am

Guys,

I'm looking for material for advanced timbale bell,clave, and drum combinations. Specifically, stuff similar to what Ralph Irizarry, Tito De Gracia, and other modern Timbale players are working on.

I already own the Drumset Artists of Cuba video and I'm looking for some videos that showcase modern patterns and "marchas" including bass drum, snaredrum, and interesting cowbell/clave block combinations.

The Conga instructional videos out there (giovanni's Mano a Mano, etc.) are much more advanced, I think than what the Timbale world is offering.
Firebrand

Re: Advanced Timbale Patterns/Ideas - DVDs-Videos?

Postby cuquito717 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:08 pm

There is a book called (understanding latin rythums by Henny Adler and Humberto Morales ) thats the bible of latin rythums there other books on drumming by henry adler those are the best books you can get all the best drummer read these books.also goto website (liveleak.com)what happend to henry adler famous drummer look at video it will tell you alot. To understand books today you must read these book first see how wrong most of suff is
cuquito717

Re: Advanced Timbale Patterns/Ideas - DVDs-Videos?

Postby Firebrand » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:41 pm

I was able to sit one on one with Tito De Gracia in Puerto Rico, so that helped to see some of the "newer" stuff that is going on in the market. Thank you for your advice!
Firebrand

Return to Timbales