New Volcano Percussion Wooden Timbales

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Re: New Volcano Percussion Wood Timbales

Postby Gallichio » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:05 pm

Last edited by Gallichio on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
All the Best!
Mike Gallichio
Gallichio

Re: New Volcano Percussion Tarolas

Postby umannyt » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:49 pm

Gallichio wrote:So how can you rub anything in some ones face?

Ever heard of the word "overexposure"? It can't be quantified. Also, it's not so much what is being said but rather how it's being said. That's why I said that avoiding it is more of an art rather than a science.

Gallichio wrote:They elect to read it or not. If you don't like the subject don't read it. It is that simple.

It's really not that simple. As much as you wouldn't want others to curtail your right/privilege to free speech on this forum, you can't curtail other's right/privilege to read what you write and prevent them from exercising their own right/privilege to disagree with you.

Even if people don't like a subject, they can't always anticipate what's coming up from something they haven't seen yet. And, even if people don't like to read the text, they don't have total control of pictures that are suddenly flashed in front of their faces when they do open a new topic. Of course, you can always say "tough luck" to them. But, at the same time, you can't prevent them from reacting negatively if they want to.

Gallichio wrote:HFSCYB? WTF!

As I've explicitly stated in my previous email, I have nothing against you or Volcano. But, may I humbly suggest that you check your temper, especially in a public forum such as this? You being an endorser (of Volcano products), it's frankly bad for the company and the products that you're representing. Trust me, I was general manager of our 150-employee family-owned corporation in the Philippines for 10 years immediately before moving here to the U.S. to settle with my American wife.

I wonder if Tom Alexander always gets to read how you respond, such as the cryptic acronym that you've just written above.

I fully realize that controlling one's temper is sometimes not an easy thing to do. But, you chose to be an endorser and, unfortunately, it's just goes with the territory. Besides, aren't endorsers supposed to keep smiling even when tomatoes are being thrown at them? :wink:
Last edited by umannyt on Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
umannyt

Re: New Volcano Percussion Tarolas

Postby Omelenko1 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:20 pm

The constant promoting of Volcano products is getting boring. My friend Steve bought a pair of Volcano bongos, for which he paid a pretty penny and they have splitted on him. He also bought 4 congas, monkeypot wood, and he is lokking to sell everything.
Omelenko1

Re: Volcano Percussion

Postby Isaac » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:25 pm

If you havn't heard the way Volcano sounds...
here's a very good sample Youtube video by one of
our first congaplace contributors - Johnny Conga
in Seattle. They seem very lively
and very effortless to play.
I'm not a fan
of the "comfort" hardware, but they do the job
and I'm told they're good steel...but you can judge for yourself...
I'm sure they'd sound different under each players
hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUSlicDnqIA

another one with a Volcano Bata

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFkYt2nc ... re=related
Isaac

Re: New Volcano Percussion Wooden Timbales

Postby Gallichio » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:46 pm

...........Yes it is that simple. HFSCYB? WTF!
Last edited by Gallichio on Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
All the Best!
Mike Gallichio
Gallichio

Postby bongosnotbombs » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:59 pm

What's all the fuss about?
Why can't Mike post about new Volcano products.
Isaac posts new JCR products.
I post whenever I make something or buy something new.
Others promote their CD's and Ebay auctions.
It's all the same to me.
bongosnotbombs

Postby yambu321 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:53 pm

I AGREE WITH BONGOSNOTBOMBS,

TO ME IT SOUNDS LIKE WE HAVE A FEW WHINNING BIATCHES HERE. IT'S AMAZING HOW WE CAN ALL BE, KNEE DEEP UP SOMEONE'S, OR SOME COMPANY'S BUN HOLE. YET, WE ARE GOING TO HAVE THE NERVE TO NOT EVEN TAKE A PEEK OF SOMEONE ELSE'S. TO ME, IT'S ALL GOOD! (JCR, VOLCANO, ISLA, SKIN ON SKIN, MATTHEW SMITH, SHEKERES, REPAIRS, MULE SKINS, AND LONG AWAITED CD RELEASES.

FOR SOME THOUGH, IT'S LIKE, LOVE MINE, BUT I HATE YOURS, AND BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. ESPECIALLY WHEN A PERSON IS CONSTANTLY SAYING OH I SAW HIS VIDEO AND?

LET ME TELL YOU SONSING-MIIISTER, I KNOW GIOVANNI HIDALGO, AND NIETHER YOU, NOR I, ARE HE.

ALL WE CAN DO IS TRY, AND WORK AT IT
LOVE THY ART, AND THY FAMILY.

PS NICE LOOKING TIMBALES :wink:
CHARLIE. 8)
Last edited by yambu321 on Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Keep It Real, Keep It Honest, and Alway's Be True To Yourself. Laugh and Smile When Ever You Can, and Help others do the Same; It's a Good Thing!
yambu321

Postby umannyt » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:57 pm

But, of course, Mike can post about new Volcano products. Personally, I'm neutral.

IMO, this is nothing more than an occasional chain reaction of someone making an original post (presumably innocent), someone else probably overreacting to the original post, the original poster reacting to the perceived overreaction, and so on and so forth.

Don't worry, this brouhaha too must die down and pass.
umannyt

Postby yambu321 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:08 pm

:D :wink:
Keep It Real, Keep It Honest, and Alway's Be True To Yourself. Laugh and Smile When Ever You Can, and Help others do the Same; It's a Good Thing!
yambu321

Postby OLSONGO » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:54 am

Wow , Mike and everyone else has all the right to expose us to a product he feels good about, how else are we going to know about it ? that product could be anything..I think is great that we all do that , isn't what a brotherhood is about ? isn't what congaplace is about ? We need to get more subjective and less dramatic..Melrose place...my bad Congaplace :wink:

Is it correct to always blame the manufacturer when something goes wrong with a drum ? there are many variables involved and some of those can fall on how the client maintains and takes care of his drum, ex..never tune down, keep in the car during very hot or cold days, bump here...bump there, or just plain Karma etc...that can be another subject.

Paz
Olsongo
OLSONGO

Postby congamyk » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:30 am

Last edited by congamyk on Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
congamyk

Postby Derbeno » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:37 am

Agree, but generally it is not incessantly rammed down our throat that it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Was there not a thread labeled Taroles about this recently that became a train wreck???

Same horse different jockey!

bongosnotbombs wrote:What's all the fuss about?
Why can't Mike post about new Volcano products.
Isaac posts new JCR products.
I post whenever I make something or buy something new.
Others promote their CD's and Ebay auctions.
It's all the same to me.
Echale candela, p'afinar los cueros
Derbeno

Postby DRUMSAR12 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:48 pm

HI to all
It is astonishing the way you people act over a product and I say you people you know how you are to posting comments of an instrument that I bet you know nothing about curseing at people over a forum putting that is for information only and has been taken over by undesiables unreal. know I have a few question to all that are making such an issue like mr olsongo, Mr Gallichio ,Mr Abakua ,Mr Mannyt and all that comment on this issue;1)What do you know about these drum other than video posted ? 2) Have you ever played a set of Tarolas? 3) Have you made a research on these and other manufactors of these to know who is better? Anwser all these questions if you have negative anwsers the you should stop insult's and negative feedback and pushing of a product, you don't know about!First learn then talk, make it known that you know what you are taking about and have knowledge to back it up .Other wise shut your traps and write interesting comments it stincks already.
thank you for cooperation
DRUMSAR12

Postby Derbeno » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:29 pm

Drumstar, amazing coincidence how you just joined this forum today and happen to stumble on this topic to make your first post.
Echale candela, p'afinar los cueros
Derbeno

Postby umannyt » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:34 pm

DRUMSAR12 wrote:HI to all
It is astonishing the way you people act over a product and I say you people you know how you are to posting comments of an instrument that I bet you know nothing about curseing at people over a forum putting that is for information only and has been taken over by undesiables unreal. know I have a few question to all that are making such an issue like mr olsongo, Mr Gallichio ,Mr Abakua ,Mr Mannyt and all that comment on this issue;1)What do you know about these drum other than video posted ? 2) Have you ever played a set of Tarolas? 3) Have you made a research on these and other manufactors of these to know who is better? Anwser all these questions if you have negative anwsers the you should stop insult's and negative feedback and pushing of a product, you don't know about!First learn then talk, make it known that you know what you are taking about and have knowledge to back it up .Other wise shut your traps and write interesting comments it stincks already.
thank you for cooperation

DRUMSAR12,

Please very carefully re-read everything that I've written on this thread and show specifically what I've said that's categorically (1) out-of-line, (2) an insult, (3) a curse and (4) a negative feedback. I strongly challenge you to.

If you really understand English, you'll notice that I've basically stayed neutral and non-judgmental all along. From what I myself have read, both Olsongo and Abakua, also, have not only stayed neutral but tolerant and understanding as well.

Personally, I was actually trying to present a rational and psychological explanation as to why people try to promote certain products and why others react negatively to them.

You talk about "First learn then talk" and "Other wise shut your traps". But with your rash and simplistic generalizations, you not only contradict your own self-righteous pronouncements but you also publicly embarrass yourself in front of the rest of us by exposing your own fundamental ignorance and absence of rational/logical thought process.

Need I remind you that what's actually really astonishing is your very own irrational and stereotypical counter response to our responses?

It's really both laughable and sad that with your very 1st posting to this forum, you not only fail to establish goodwill but also publicly expose yourself as an "emperor with no clothes". :lol: :roll:
umannyt

PreviousNext

Return to Timbales