Meil B8 Bronze, Amadito Valdez

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Meil B8 Bronze, Amadito Valdez

Postby quintadrum » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:30 am

Hello, this is my first post and before I start I would like to thank you all for sharing your passion and experiences with the instruments we love so much.

Any opinions, comments, experiences with the Meinl Professional Line B8 Bronze timbales or the Meinl Amadito Valdez Signature timbales?
quintadrum

Re: Meil B8 Bronze, Amadito Valdez

Postby vinnieL » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:08 am

The upper level Meinl timbales get good reviews by a lot of people. I have not heard one in person though. Your going to get a lot of different opinions LP Tito Puente, Meinl,Pearl,Toca, then Brass vs bronze vs steel. You'll hear how the leedy ludwig Humberto Morales timbal from 1950 something is the only timbal that ever sounded good etc. Listen to recordings where the cascara is very distinct both old and new then decide what sound is good for you. I think the LP prestige timbal in brass has a very nice cascara and i have heard that up close and personal but many may not like it. It's all subjective and it comes down to what appeals to your ear. Bells is another argument lol. Good luck.
Last edited by vinnieL on Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
vinnieL

Postby quintadrum » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:33 am

Thank you Vinnie, i totally hear what you are saying, it just seems that it will be impossible to find any of this two models at an actual store or shop so to try them. I have just heard a couple of comments about how well they perform, actually only one about the Amadito model, he said it was the best he had played. Hopefully some people have tried them and will actually share their experience, thank you very much guys.
quintadrum

Postby vinnieL » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:44 am

There is a guy on youtube that plays meinl timbales I'll try to find the link at least you can get an idea from there.
vinnieL

Postby quintadrum » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:38 am

thank you Vinnie, I'll be checking...
quintadrum

Postby vinnieL » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:52 am

Hey i haven't found the video yet. I used to see it all the time i know its there as soon as i find it i will post a link for you.
vinnieL

Postby quintadrum » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:56 pm

Thank you Vinnie, I am checking... thanks.
quintadrum

Return to Timbales