BRONZE LP Tito 14"&15" timbales for sale

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

BRONZE LP Tito 14"&15" timbales for sale

Postby mco » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Sold.
Last edited by mco on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
mco

Re: BRONZE LP Tito 14"&15" timbales for sale

Postby Anonimo » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:03 pm

POST REMOVED BY THE AUTHOR
Anonimo

Re: BRONZE LP Tito 14"&15" timbales for sale

Postby mco » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:35 am

In my case, I didn't start with top of line the equipment. My first pair of congas were LP Aspires, which I traded for TOCA traditionals and then finally traded up to the LP Classics. My first set of timbales were LP Aspires. I tried a set of Pearls for awhile, sold them, and then had the good fortune to be able to afford a set of LP Tito Puentes. I've bought and sold a number of sets of bongos over the years. Maybe I'm materialistic, but I really enjoyed
owning quality equipment. The LP Bronze timbales not only sound great, but are a joy to look at. The same goes for my LP Classic congas. They look beautiful IMHO.
I started playing percussion (snare drum, drum set) back in the 5th grade and continued up until my first year in college. Realizing that I wasn't talented enough to pursue a serious career in music, I stopped playing. About 7 years ago I received a set of congas for Christmas and that re-lit the percussion bug in me. Unfortunately, a medical condition in my wrists and fingers has arisen that seem to be exacerbated by drumming, especially hand drumming. The wrist condition existed before I started hand drumming (e.g the action of reeling in fish seems to set this condition off), but I seemed to have developed a case of Raynaud's syndrome. My finger tips, upon exposure to cold loose blood circulation, turn white, and become very painful. Hand drumming seems to worsen the condition, and it is sometimes difficult to practice after having come in from the outdoors (despite wearing gloves) .
Anyway, to make a short story long :-), I'm regretfully selling off most of my collection. I'd never be able to play in a group or band because I would never know when or if I would have a flare up. Fortunately for me, percussion is a hobby and not a vocation, so my livelihood doesn't depend on it.
Regards,
mco
mco

Return to Timbales