Questions: timbal accessories

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Questions: timbal accessories

Postby Miguel7 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:12 am

Hi every1,

I've been playing the timbales 4 about a year now, and though I think I'm a lot stronger on congas I really like how timbales add to the salsa set-up (I write & record my own songs using Audacity). But as I've been listening to some of my favorite songs, I've been hearing some unfamiliar sounds that I think might be coming from the timbalero (lol that didn't come out right).

So a couple questions for you seasoned timbaleros out there:

1. What kind(s) of jam blocks do you use?
I ask this because the one I have is much higher pitched than the ones I hear on most songs.

2. Do timbaleros have cymbals in their set-ups? If so, what kind of cymbal (crash, ride etc)?
I don't have cymbals myself but the more I hear them in arrangements the more I think it would be worth looking into one.

Miguel7

Re: Questions: timbal accessories

Postby Anonimo » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:20 pm

POST REMOVED BY THE AUTHOR
Anonimo

Postby Miguel7 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:26 am

Thanks leedy2. My jam block is pretty loud but as I said before it's just a lot higher pitched; so I might see if I can grab one of the big red LP ones like you mentioned (mine is LP but it's small and orange). As for the cymbals I'll keep that in mind. No doubt there are some good crash cymbals out there. BTW do u use one? If so what kind? Thanks again :)
Miguel7

Postby Anonimo » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:46 pm

Last edited by Anonimo on Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonimo

Postby Miguel7 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:28 am

Interesting... I have a friend who is a kit drummer and he swears by his Zildjans. But the info. you've given me has been a real help - now I at least know the kind of cymbal to look for. Now, does it mount somewhere in the timbal set-up or do u need a separate stand? I know that probably sounds like a dumb question (lol), so thanks again 4 your help. :)
Miguel7

Postby Anonimo » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:41 pm

Anonimo

Return to Timbales