Remo Fiberskyn 3 Ambassador

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Remo Fiberskyn 3 Ambassador

Postby jesse_velazquez » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:06 pm

Hi everyone,

Anyone know if these skins would sound good for the Pearl Marc Quinones, or the Puente Bronze Timbales??

Just curious, am torn between these or the Earth Tone Calf Skins to add to my set. Trail and error I guess?
jesse_velazquez

Re: Remo Fiberskyn 3 Ambassador

Postby Anonimo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:05 pm

POST REMOVED BY THE AUTHOR
Anonimo

Postby jesse_velazquez » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Thanks probably my next purchase then. I recently brought the Aquarian Modern Vintage skins, I just like buying different ones to try and in the long run with all the buying, I will have plenty of back up pairs.
jesse_velazquez

Postby Callao » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:17 am

Ambassador fiberskyn is equivalent in weight to an emperor clear both have 2 layers of plastic. i use diplomat fiberskyn (thinner, equivalent to coated ambassador) ,it sounds good on old lp timbales because these timbs have a thinner bearing edge compare to the new ones.fiberskyns on new ones sound too dried and choked to me. I like experimenting with different heads on different timbales.
Callao

Postby Callao » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:18 am

Jesse velasquez ,whats your experience with those aquarian vintage heads?
Callao

Postby jesse_velazquez » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:03 pm

I found rhem nor so bad. ThE aquarian are not so bad they not as precise sounding as calf jead, but they do porduce a similar warm sound on the macho. The hembra sounds a litle choked. I have those set on a pair of Bronze Puente timbales. The remos are on another pair now. You are right though, they soumd very choked i think i am going to pick up rral calf skin soon.
jesse_velazquez

Postby Anonimo » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:20 pm

POST REMOVED BY THE AUTHOR
Anonimo

Return to Timbales