Timbal set up

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Timbal set up

Postby VJBaros » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:25 am

What do you guys think of using a drum rack for a timbal set up... kinda like Karl Peraza. I am trying different "percussion" set ups for my church. right now I have an L shaped set up. If you have pics or ideas from your set up I would like your input.
VJBaros

Re: Timbal set up

Postby VJBaros » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:09 pm

Look at Karl Perazzo's set up
Attachments
karl.jpg
VJBaros

Postby VJBaros » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:09 am

These are cool too
Attachments
karl 2.jpg
karl 3.jpg
VJBaros

Postby b0ng0 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:52 am

Bro, if your worship group has songs that use all of that percussion go for it, kind of looks like a kit set with a "timbale" emphasis to it....good idea tho, goodluck & blessings!
b0ng0

Postby VJBaros » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:04 am

We do a lot of "Latin" songs, which I give them authentic beats, and incorporate guaguanco patterns in some songs on conga. but alot of songs are gospel and funk like that sounds awesome with timbales. when I used to play before my "hiatus" from the worship team, they would always leave me out and only focusing on Bass, keys and drumkit. and say that my stuff are only supporting roles and acessories. I felt like i did not belong, so I left. During my "hiatus" I came across a really good teacher here in the LA area and now I am unstopable. and I came back to the music dept. because everytime at church they would play good music, and I would be suffering in the pews, it was like fire shut up in my bones. So now thank God the music dept. is more humble and they frequently compliment me. do you have any set up suggestions?
VJBaros

Postby b0ng0 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:27 am

Saludos VJ,
Hmm .. well it really depends bro on how comfortable you are with each instrument (congas, bongos, timbale,etc.) & how much room you have up on the altar. For example at our church space is really limited, however we have the full percussion section : I play timbal, my bro on congas, dad plays bongos & minor percussion , we play mostly cumbia, merengue, & salsa (fania & pentecostal style)... in your case since you would have your setup to your own preference, I would set them up to how comfortable you feel...I've never played a kit percussion set up, but if I did i'd have the congas in the middle the bongos in front of em, the timbales to the right & on the left the minor perc.... hope this helps bro...by the way where in los angeles are you? Maybe we can meet up one day and jam....saludos!
b0ng0

Postby VJBaros » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:42 am

"Pentecostal style salsa" hahahaha I know that style :lol: I live in Norwalk.
VJBaros

Postby congamyk » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:17 pm

congamyk

Return to Timbales