LP Mounting Bracket for DW 9600 Stand

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

LP Mounting Bracket for DW 9600 Stand

Postby vxla » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:22 pm

I have a DW 9600 timbale stand, but the timbales I have (see photo) only have a single hole on each drum to facilitate mounting. Is there a bracket that I can purchase to replace on the drums, or do I need to use a different stand?

vxla

Re: LP Mounting Bracket for DW 9600 Stand

Postby RitmoBoricua » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:09 pm

If the timbales are LP I do not think they will fit in the DW 9600 stand.
Remember at one point DW owned Gon Bops and that particular
stand probably fits Gon Bops timbales only but you never know.

http://www.dwdrums.com/images/info/sche ... CP9600.pdf
RitmoBoricua

Postby vxla » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:10 pm

Well yes, obviously they don't fit now. I was just curious to know if I could get a replacement bracket from LP. I don't even know what model drums these are as there's no markings on them anywhere. They just say "Latin Percussion M. Cohen" on the badge.
vxla

Postby RitmoBoricua » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:25 pm

I am pretty sure the mounting bracket system is standard for that type of LP timbales.
Below is a link to the LP catalog go to page 92 under timbales parts miscellaneous and
see timbales mounting bracket (LP 348) that should be the one you are looking for.
They have another one for Prestige/Matador timbales but is a different mounting bracket
system. Now the LP mounting bracket may not be compatible with the DW stand.

http://www.epaperflip.com/aglaia/viewer ... 9de714e2bb
RitmoBoricua

Postby vxla » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Replying here: I called LP and they said to call DW and see if there was an after-market part to replace on the drums. When I called DW, they don't have anything available.

Lovely.

and my p.s. on this message..

"Dear DW, your stand is great and priced wonderfully, but you should state that it doesn't work with LP drums."
"Dear LP, your stands are over-priced."
vxla

Postby skinslapper » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:22 pm

Ask Leedy 2 . He might know !
Just t send him a message .

Good luck
skinslapper

Postby vxla » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:01 am

good idea, thanks. I called Gon Bops (Sabian) to see if they sold brackets separately so I can could try them. Anyone know if the drum-side bolt patter of the Gon Bops mount is the same as the LP? Hmph, probably not.
vxla

Postby SpEd » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:56 am

Maybe Holland can make ya up somethin...?
SpEd

Postby vxla » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:23 pm

Okay, so to summarize for future efforts to make this work: it won't. DW makes a fantastic timbale stand (the DW 9600), but it won't work with anything but a dual-prong mount (and as of right now, Gon Bops seems to be the only drums that have such mounts). DW does not provide brackets, nor are they available for purchase. LP doesn't either, and Gon Bops (aka. Sabian) does not sell their brackets individually.

So, if you're looking to use that timbale stand, please be aware that (as of right now, in 2011) it probably won't work with anything but one single brand of drums. As I stated above, the DW stand is really fantastic and priced far below the heavier-weight LP stands, and the cowbell bracket is included in the DW 9600. It would be great to see them come up with another version of their stand that is compatible with LP drums.

To solve my problem, I sent everything back and just bought a completely brand new set of timbales *with* the proper stand!
vxla

Postby RitmoBoricua » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:51 pm

Elvis,

Tell the master that on the current LP catalog LP 912 mounting bracket is for a double
conga stand. Is the master saying you can mount LP timbales in the double conga mounting
bracket?

http://lpmusic.com/Product_Showcase/pdf ... sParts.pdf
RitmoBoricua

Postby RitmoBoricua » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:04 pm

Elvis Presley wrote:Made you look like a fool.

You only have posted a couple of times and already looking to start non-sense.
Only if I did not know better. Actually the photos and the posting style is beginning
to sound familiar. :lol:
RitmoBoricua

Postby vxla » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:26 am

Well, as much as I appreciate the replies here, I don't think the bracket shown would have worked with the older-style four-bolt pattern in the original photographs I posted at the beginning of this thread. Alas, I traded up to new drums, anyway.

Elvis: I appreciate your reply and the effort in the information, but we are not here to make people look like fools; we're here to learn from each other, so please drop the attitude.

p.s. I like these better, anyway...

vxla

Postby vxla » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:00 pm

Who else thinks this Elvis guy is Leedy2?

Oh, and Mr. Elvis, you still haven't stated why you think this bracket would work with a four-bolt mounting pattern (on the actual drum). Come on now, you can still try to answer the question between your insults, right?
vxla

Postby KING CONGA » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:31 pm

Elvis Presley wrote:
vxla wrote:Who else thinks this Elvis guy is Leedy2?

Oh, and Mr. Elvis, you still haven't stated why you think this bracket would work with a four-bolt mounting pattern (on the actual drum). Come on now, you can still try to answer the question between your insults, right?

Mr Vxla
My name is John Parker I have nothing to do with what you call Leedy2, I live in Los Angeles CA and I a drummer and do repairs for Sam Ash.. I clearly stated to you that 2 holes will match up with the LP 912 bracket and that all you need to hold, 2 holes will be blank and not needed and will not show . All those stand are made by a company named Gibraltar with LP , Pearl ,Toca , and 90% of the industry so if you don't believe fine come down to my shop and I will give you lessons on how to fee $45.00 an hour plus any parts you may need. So if being bold you consider being an insult you need help.
Hollywood Drum Shop
7401 West Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90046
Phone:(323) 436-0388
Store Hours:
Mon-Fri: 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Sat: 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Sun: 12 Noon to 6:00 PM
Manager: John Parker

Wow! this is amazing.
I go play guitar on Sunset Blv. once a month. in Fact the place I go to is only two buildings down from the Guitar Center.
address is 7425 W Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90046

Ill be sure to call you maybe I can stop by to get a couple of lessons from you, what do you say?
I look forward to meeting you Mr. Parker
KING CONGA

Postby KING CONGA » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:45 am

Elvis Presley wrote:Mr King Conga
I do not give guitar lessons .

I never said anything about taking guitar lessons, I said that I play Guitar, But I will take you up on the drum lessons if thats ok, what do you say? The next time I will be in Hoolywood will be Sunday January the First. Ill call you and set up a time. looking forward to it :P
KING CONGA

Next

Return to Timbales