JOHNNY CONGA videos & photos

One thread per person please. Feel free to share with us your photos and video clips from your gigs, jams, rumbas, etc etc. No random clips or images, this is a section for our members to post up and promote their own projects and adventures.
Forum rules
One thread per person please. Feel free to share with us your photos and video clips from your gigs, jams, rumbas, etc etc. No random clips or images, this is a section for our members to post up and promote their own projects and adventures.
Lets keep it positive.

Re: JOHNNY CONGA videos & photos

Postby CongaTick » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:10 pm

JC, besides posting this rich visual treasure trove on the forum, I can see that there might be sufficient interest from a specialty publisher who may be willing to put a real pictorial album together with select text in which you describe or caption photos. Think about it.
CongaTick

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:15 pm

I have backed many many Artist's here is another I have worked with..Johnny Pacheco In my band was Miguel Martin-vocals, Edwin Bonilla-timbales, Freddy Lugo,-campana/bongo, Scott Klarman on sax, Eddie "GuaGua",-bass, Mario Marrero-piano...
Attachments
IMG.jpg
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:23 pm

The Afro-Directions soul band Germany 1971...Im playing on a set of ASBA french made congas...I toured with them for over a year in Europe ...this is when I was living in Mannheim and Sandhofen Germany..,,most of the brothers in the band came from West Africa and the Congo region. The music they played was mostly James Brown...and they were good musicians as well and I enjoyed my time with them...Johnny Conga
Afro-Directions-1970.jpg
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:39 pm

La Tipica Antillana-Los Angeles 1980...the top Charanga band in Los Angeles...band leader was Danilo Lozano, and his father the GREAT Cuban musician Rolando Lozano-R-bottem( played piano in this band)...The guy with the sticks in his hand is Kevin Ricard(Tonight show band,American idol) and Im in the back row with my hand in the singers(Johnny Crespo) face.. :wink: ...
Johnny Conga-ps picture taken at La Pantera Rosa in Montebello,CA
La Tipica Antillana.jpg
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:46 pm

Here is my Miami percussion ensemble "Roots of Rhythm" with LtoR- Chino- Me- Dave Pattman-Mario Ochoa and Ronnie Loreto...I forget the names of the girls, I used quite a few back then...this was back in 1990...Johnny Conga
Attachments
image0-19.jpg
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:50 pm

On tour in Toronto,Canada with Gloria Gaynor using the first "wood look" LP fiberglass congas...a discontinued style..they were great and sounded good to. This is 1976...fuggeddabout the Clothes!..what i wont do to play!!..... :lol: ...JC Johnny Co
Gloria Gaynor 1976.jpg
nga
JohnnyConga

Postby roberthelpus » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:02 am

Forget about the clothes. No way. I'm going to have bad dreams about those clothes tonight :D

Whatever you do, don't click on that picture to enlarge it :shock:
roberthelpus

Postby Dangler » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:44 pm

JohnnyConga wrote: This is 1976...fuggeddabout the Clothes!..what i wont do to play!!..... :lol:

now thats dedication :D
Dangler

Postby Dicemanb » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:04 am

Pink Flairs, they could come back!! You wore them well.

BTW I bumped into Jody last weekend, one of your ex-students. Still playing and looking good.

Dice
Dicemanb

Postby JohnnyConga » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:09 pm

Do you mean Jody Linscott?...my most accomplished student by far..went on to perform with the Who, Elton John, and many others..."JC"Johnny Conga

Jody_Linscott.jpg
JohnnyConga

Postby Dicemanb » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:04 pm

JC

Yes indeedy, you obviously taught her well.
She looks very well and hasn't changed a whole lot since that photo.

Dice
Dicemanb

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:00 pm

She was already playing a bit when I met her in NYcity back in 1974.. I still have the cassette of her few lessons with me...she was also in the popular band then called KOKOMO....and had studied African drumming with Mustapha Tetty Addy in England..very talented sister...."JC"
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:04 pm

Here I am in 1978 in Paris France at the Pavilion de Paris with DISCO KING CERRONE...I played for the Queen(Gloria Gaynor) and for the KING(CERRONE)....Im behind the white Gon Bops and my GREAT friend and GREAT musician the late Hector "Bucky' Andrade....that was one hell of a gig for a month in Paris.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JjiJH01K-U at the very end you can hear us jammin it out on the congas with Bucky chanting...I miss you Bro!..."JC" Johnny Conga
JohnnyConga

Postby Dicemanb » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:34 pm

I toured with KOKOMO and Jodie was pretty hot on the tubs then.
Dicemanb

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:54 pm

My Miami days....when i was actually working for the Kalua drink co. I always had different girls to work along with....nice hey guys?.....hahahahaha.....Johnny Conga
image0-5.jpg

image0-8.jpg
JohnnyConga

PreviousNext

Return to *** PHOTOS/VIDEO CLIPS OF YOUR GIGS/JAMS ***