Pavloconga

One thread per person please. Feel free to share with us your photos and video clips from your gigs, jams, rumbas, etc etc. No random clips or images, this is a section for our members to post up and promote their own projects and adventures.
Forum rules
One thread per person please. Feel free to share with us your photos and video clips from your gigs, jams, rumbas, etc etc. No random clips or images, this is a section for our members to post up and promote their own projects and adventures.
Lets keep it positive.

Pavloconga

Postby pavloconga » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:02 am

Hi fellow congueros y congueras...
Here's a few pics of my set up at some recent gigs I've been asked to play, with a 12 piece band (with 2 dedicated and very skilled sound engineers - one for front of house and one for on stage monitors. I could actually hear myself very well on stage for a change!) This group is touring around our state a music/theatre show about the life and music of George Harrison. They play music from early days of his work with the Beatles through to Eric Clapton and the Traveling Wilburys.
We played a sold out show in a theatre on Saturday night to a very appreciative audience. They loved it and even yelled and stomped for more!

When I was first asked to do this gig I didn't think I would dig the music that much, but as I've played a few gigs I've come to really appreciate the music and I've learned a lot too.
There's only about 6 songs out of about 30 that I play congas on, but plenty of small percussion work, bells, tambourine, cymbals, chimes, jam blocks, shakers etc that require precise timing in the song arrangements. It's been a lot of fun and a great learning experience..
We have another 5 gigs until the end of April.

here's a few pics ....
The congas I use for this show are LP Giovanni Palladiums.

cheers
Pavlo
Attachments
Image026.jpg
Last edited by pavloconga on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
pavloconga

Re: Pavloconga

Postby pavloconga » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:04 am

Here's another
Attachments
Image029.jpg
pavloconga

Postby pavloconga » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:05 am

one more, nice lighting!
Attachments
Image033.jpg
pavloconga

Re: Pavloconga- some gig pics

Postby pavloconga » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:57 am

Here's some pics from the 10th Annual Latin All Stars Festival on the Easter long weekend, 11 april, 2009.
It was the debut performance for our new group and it went really well!

ciao
Pavlo
Attachments
gov_april9.jpg
pavloconga

Re: Pavloconga- some gig pics

Postby pavloconga » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:58 am

duplicate of above post
Last edited by pavloconga on Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pavloconga

Postby pavloconga » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:06 am

Where's there's salsa... there's dancers.. right? :)
Here's a few more pics from the night:
Attachments
dancers-22.jpg
pavloconga

Postby CongaTick » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:40 am

Pavlo,

Wow! Now that looks like you had a blast. Wish the scne around these parts offered Latin music opportunities as colorful and encompassing as there. Very nice pics. I'm jealous.
CongaTick

Postby congamyk » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:44 am

Cool scenes and lovely ladies always inspire music.
Nice colors here!
congamyk

Postby ABAKUA » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:21 am

Hey Pavlo, good stuff bro.
That looks like 'The Govenor Hindmarsh' venue in Adelaide yeh? I remember it when we toured to your state with Veneno & Osvaldo Chacon.
Chicas Bomba.... mmmmm
Has Emily had the baby yet? I hear Helga is doing great overseas as a stewardess. Great bunch of girls.
Good to see you busy & playing!
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby pavloconga » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:00 pm

ABAKUA wrote:Hey Pavlo, good stuff bro.
That looks like 'The Govenor Hindmarsh' venue in Adelaide yeh? I remember it when we toured to your state with Veneno & Osvaldo Chacon.
Chicas Bomba.... mmmmm
Has Emily had the baby yet? I hear Helga is doing great overseas as a stewardess. Great bunch of girls.
Good to see you busy & playing!

Hey Marcelo,
It is The Governor Hindmarsh indeed. Yes I remember hearing your band Son Veneno at the Gov... you guys rocked!
We were one of 3 bands playing the Easter show last weekend, with latin band Brazza as the main act (I think you know some of the guys in that group).

ciao
pavlo

p.s do you know Juan Carlos the sax player in the pic above? He moved here from Sydney not so long ago. I think he had a band in Sydney called La Clave
p.p.s. I saw Emily that night and she must be pretty close to having her baby.
pavloconga

Postby pavloconga » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:34 am

theatre_cmp.jpg
Just finished the final 2 shows for the George Harrison Tribute Show Tour.
I enjoyed every minute of it!
The last show was one of the best, in a beautiful theatre with great sound, here's a few pics:
Attachments
DSC_2314.JPG
pavloconga

Postby pavloconga » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:28 am

Here's a pic from a recent salsa gig for 'La Bomba Productions' in South Australia.

Also I've had a few gigs lately subbing for latin bands who's usual congueros couldn't make it on the night ('TNT Latino', and 'Bailatino').
That's fine with me, I just love playing this music...
Pavlo
Attachments
H5n.jpg
pavloconga

Postby pavloconga » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:13 am

Hi guys,
I have had a very busy and exciting start to the year as far as gigs and on March 7 I had the good fortune to play at probably the biggest and best outdoor music festival in Australia, WOMADelaide.
Just before Christmas I was asked if I could start rehearsals in February in a 10 piece backing band for a 60 voice choir to be joined on the day by Canadian singer/songwriter Jane Siberry.
It was a fantastic and unforgettable experience.
What an amazing weekend of music, I also got to hear for the first and probably last time Ravi Shankar (now 90 years old) and his daughter Anoushka play together.

To top off the weekend I even got to meet Eliades Ochoa and his band (who were playing at the same festival) and hear the amazing Cuban ensemble. :P

Best weekend I've had in quite awhile... :D
Pavlo

Here's a small slice of the weekend in pictures:
Attachments
Womad-compilation.jpg
pavloconga

Return to *** PHOTOS/VIDEO CLIPS OF YOUR GIGS/JAMS ***