Other Memories Joe Cotto

One thread per person please. Feel free to share with us your photos and video clips from your gigs, jams, rumbas, etc etc. No random clips or images, this is a section for our members to post up and promote their own projects and adventures.
Forum rules
One thread per person please. Feel free to share with us your photos and video clips from your gigs, jams, rumbas, etc etc. No random clips or images, this is a section for our members to post up and promote their own projects and adventures.
Lets keep it positive.

Other Memories Joe Cotto

Postby Anonimo » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:30 pm

POST REMOVED BY THE AUTHOR
Attachments
Picture 006.jpg
Joe Cotto on timbales ,Roberto Ramirez on conga ,myself on bongos,and guy in pink Joe used on coros
Anonimo

Re: Other Memories Joe Cotto

Postby RitmoBoricua » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:44 pm

Are you sure the photo was taken in the 1960's? The polyester and afros some you wore on that photo suggest the eraly 1970's. What are you playing?
RitmoBoricua

Postby Anonimo » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:13 pm

Anonimo

Postby RitmoBoricua » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:24 pm

The guy on pink seems to wearing polyester. I like the guiro he is playing, that's a jibaro guiro with all the fine grooves "y puyero de metal" sometimes the afro pick did the job too. Don't the singer suppose to be front and center?
RitmoBoricua

Postby Anonimo » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:50 pm

Anonimo

Postby RitmoBoricua » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:56 am

I do not blame Chivirico for hiding and not standing next to the "neon" coro gentleman, I am pretty sure if you look at him long enough you probably go blind, quite the colorful get-up. Was he Rican? Because I knew quite a few "Jibaros" that dressed like that back in the 70's. Le falto el sombrero al hombre y entoces si que era chulo de puta...........
RitmoBoricua

Postby willie55 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:22 pm

Cuco i see on the clock the time is 4:50, i presume AM, so what time did these gigs end..and what time did they start..would make for a crazy long night..
willie55

Postby RitmoBoricua » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:53 pm

Yeah I saw the time on the clock too and was going to make a comment but then I said if thery playing on Saturday or Sunday is very possible that the time was 5:00 PM but then again back in those days in NYC it could have been a week day too, I would not be surprised. Who knows the clock was probably out of whack or not working too at all.
RitmoBoricua

Postby Anonimo » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:00 pm

Anonimo

Postby RitmoBoricua » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:09 pm

I know back in the day in Puerto Rico lot of places did not have to shutdown or stop selling alcohol at certain time, specially away from San Juan and the metropolitan area. Muchos de los bailes eran hasta que amanezca......

Did you ever play with Mon Rivera? That "trabalegua" stuff was a killer. The first song that I have memory of is Mon Rivera's "Ascaratiskis" it had to be in mid 60's.

It seems to me Chivirico "guisaba mucho" in the 60's. He was with Pacheco, Richie Ray, Joe Cotto amongst others and in the 70's Chivirico recorded solo some heavy duty, classic stuff. I almost forgot Chivirico kicked ass big time with Kako and Cortijo on "Ritmos Y Cantos Callejeros".
RitmoBoricua

Postby Anonimo » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:27 pm

Anonimo

Postby RitmoBoricua » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:53 pm

Gracias, Cuco. I have that Mon Rivera recording, good stuff. Love Chivirico and Mon completely underrated singers. Tenian mucha calle y malicia.
RitmoBoricua

Return to *** PHOTOS/VIDEO CLIPS OF YOUR GIGS/JAMS ***