mrhands

One thread per person please. Feel free to share with us your photos and video clips from your gigs, jams, rumbas, etc etc. No random clips or images, this is a section for our members to post up and promote their own projects and adventures.
Forum rules
One thread per person please. Feel free to share with us your photos and video clips from your gigs, jams, rumbas, etc etc. No random clips or images, this is a section for our members to post up and promote their own projects and adventures.
Lets keep it positive.

mrhands

Postby mrhands » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:17 am

Just posted an audio clip on youtube of my playing along to a great song. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9K9V5hv4qI
mrhands

Re: mrhands

Postby CongaTick » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:22 pm

Super. You gotta post some video.
CongaTick

Postby mrhands » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:35 pm

Thanks for the kind words CongaTick! I didn't want to hijack the other thread. But thank you. As players we listen back and always think of what we could have done different in our playing, am I right? Thanks again for the kind words. BTW, I very much enjoyed your thread. It's always inspiring to see players in action.
mrhands

Postby congamyk » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:43 am

mrhands wrote:Just posted an audio clip on youtube of my playing along to a great song. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9K9V5hv4qI

Nice clip, what software and/or equipment did you use?
congamyk

Postby mrhands » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:45 am

Thanks congamyk.

I used a Samson Zoom H2 handheld recording device to record my playing as well as the music I was playing to. I basically pointed the front of the H2 toward my congas and the rear right up to a stereo speaker where the music was coming from. I recorded and encoded the wav file to MP3 on the H2 device and uploaded it to my computer. This was before yesterday when Miguel7 posted the link and made me aware of Audacity. I now plan on using actual MP3's and recording my congas separately, then adding it to the MP3. Anyways then I did the whole windows movie maker process.

My congas are Meinl Luis Conte Series Quinto and Conga with Remo original Crimplock Fyberskyn.

Hope that answers your questions.
mrhands

Postby congamyk » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:00 pm

cool, your new method should give you some more mix control.
I'm getting the Zoom 4N next week, can't wait.
congamyk

Postby mrhands » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:55 am

Hey guys. I recorded something new. I thought I'd do something "original" instead of play along to a song. I just recorded myself playing various percussion and overdubbed it into one thing. I hope you guys enjoy. I don't remember the name of the 1st pattern so I put it as afro-cuban 6/8. I believe I learned it from one of Johnny Congas videos. I went to double check the name but apparently now we have to pay to view some of his videos. Nothing against him making money. I was just a little bummed since we are having to pay for it now when it was free before. :cry:

Anyways, enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPmjmlssqMw
mrhands

Postby mrhands » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:13 pm

Anyone else have a youtube account or anything like that? Wanna be my...*ahem*... friend? Also, I was thinking about playing along to another song and hopefully having video up this time... Either Al Greens version of "I'm a Ram" or Bill Withers and his song "Use Me". Talk to you guys soon.
mrhands

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:21 pm

I have MANY FREE videos on youtube..I am trying out this new partnership program with Google/Youtube, that ANYONE can do...so NOT all of my videos are for rent...Just so you know..type my name in search on youtube and see all the FREE videos...Thank you...
JohnnyConga

Postby tamboricua » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:29 pm

JohnnyConga wrote:I am trying out this new partnership program with Google/Youtube, that ANYONE can do...

Hi JC,

Can you please elaborate on how this rental through Google/YouTube works?

Once people rent your video for how long are they entitled to watch it?

Any restrictions or blocks that won't allow renters copy or download your videos for future use?

Thanks in advance,

JG
tamboricua

Postby mrhands » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:00 am

JohnnyConga wrote:I have MANY FREE videos on youtube..I am trying out this new partnership program with Google/Youtube, that ANYONE can do...so NOT all of my videos are for rent...Just so you know..type my name in search on youtube and see all the FREE videos...Thank you...

I just added you hehe. It says that the video isn't available for me to rent in my country. I'm in Canada.
mrhands

Postby mrhands » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:00 am

Here's a short clip of myself playing at a performance/music video shoot I was asked to participate in. I'm just jamming along to a DJ who was spinning in between takes. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zbDQ1-w73k

I'm playing a quinto and conga. Some people say that quinto aren't good for salsa, however, I just tune my congas instinctively and found that when I was practicing along to Besame Mama and Ican by Poncho sanchez (or covered by him), that the tone was almost exactly the same. He plays conga, tumba, supertumba.
mrhands

Postby mrhands » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:18 am

Hey guys. Here's another video I posted on my youtube page. My band played a show on Thursday. Here is some footage. I actually have all the songs recorded on my Zoom H2 and sound quality is great, better than in the video. The problem is that I don't have proper editing software that will allow me to sync the better audio with the video. Windows movie maker doesn't accept videos in quicktime format. Anyone know if I can get it to play in movie maker by converting the video or something? Anyways, enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzs_wdYIUMw
mrhands

Postby windhorse » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:15 pm

Good stuff!
You've got a nice feel for the music,, a good swing and timing.. You're slaps are really crisp. Good technique is definitely half the battle... Your speed is definitely good and fast!! Keep studying Afro-Cuban it will help your chops evolve to the next level! :D
windhorse

Postby mrhands » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:00 pm

Thanks for the very kind words! I've just seen your thread and it is fantastic! The playing is incredible. Humboldt that you attended looked like a spectacular event.
It is very amazing to see someone so involved in conga drumming/afro-cuban drumming, who also gives back to the world (more than music). I'm very humbled to read your comments. Thank you.
mrhands

Next

Return to *** PHOTOS/VIDEO CLIPS OF YOUR GIGS/JAMS ***