remo fiberskyn heads, lp classics

One thread per person please. Feel free to share with us your photos and video clips from your gigs, jams, rumbas, etc etc. No random clips or images, this is a section for our members to post up and promote their own projects and adventures.
Forum rules
One thread per person please. Feel free to share with us your photos and video clips from your gigs, jams, rumbas, etc etc. No random clips or images, this is a section for our members to post up and promote their own projects and adventures.
Lets keep it positive.

remo fiberskyn heads, lp classics

Postby dub town » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:55 pm

shot a short video of me demo'ing remo fiberskyn tucked heads on lp classic congas (CCI rims). When I was looking for new skins I had a hard time finding videos demonstrating their sound so I thought I would share.

Here's the youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wayK-TrK_1I
dub town

Re: remo fiberskyn heads, lp classics

Postby congamyk » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:44 am

Hey dub, i enjoyed the video and tones. :)

This is not a critique, but just a question.
I noticed that your drums are placed very far apart from each other, and you have the lower drum at your side with your leg fully between.
Maybe I'm not picking up the angle properly, but it appears that you are extending your rotator cuff to swing your forearm to the right (almost sideways) in order to play the other drum. And it seems that you are wasting substantial energy to do this because of the drum placement.
I was taught that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line. :D

Were you taught this placement or is it something you came up with on your own?
congamyk

Postby dub town » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:04 am

it's just what feels comfortable to me, wasn't ever taught to do it one way or another. thanks for the feedback, im going to take a look and see if a closer arrangement feels more comfortable.
dub town

Postby Hawker » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:25 pm

dubtown, thanks for the post, I think they sound very good. What mic and recording gear did you use?
Hawker

Postby dub town » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:07 pm

i use an apogee one to record. it has a great built in condenser mic.
dub town

Return to *** PHOTOS/VIDEO CLIPS OF YOUR GIGS/JAMS ***