Gon Bops Ebay Scam

One thread per person please. Feel free to share with us your photos and video clips from your gigs, jams, rumbas, etc etc. No random clips or images, this is a section for our members to post up and promote their own projects and adventures.
Forum rules
One thread per person please. Feel free to share with us your photos and video clips from your gigs, jams, rumbas, etc etc. No random clips or images, this is a section for our members to post up and promote their own projects and adventures.
Lets keep it positive.

Gon Bops Ebay Scam

Postby bongosnotbombs » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:26 pm

Looks like somebody is using an image from my blog to rip people off on Ebay. I replaced the skin on this drum here in SF, the owner has owned these drums for 40 years. He is not selling them in Philly.

Please help and get this seller off ebay.

My blog post with the image

http://rumbainstruments.blogspot.com/20 ... -bops.html

The ebay item.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Hand-Ma ... 2160476%26
Attachments
Vintage Hand Made 11 .jpg
bongosnotbombs

Re: Gon Bops Ebay Scam

Postby Madlatin » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:05 pm

What a trip!!!!! I was watching that drum too. I did inquire about that to the seller. I asked for more pics to help clear the matter up. I will wait for a response.
Thanks for the heads up.

Madlatin
"Some things become more valuable when they are shared"
Madlatin

Postby Derbeno » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:14 pm

Another reason why I don't bother to log into ebay any longer.
Too many dishonest people can freely use this site.
Echale candela, p'afinar los cueros
Derbeno

Postby bongosnotbombs » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:32 pm

Looks like the drum ended up selling for $208 even after I reported it to Ebay as fraudulent! Hmmmph, some system they've got there. I also contacted the seller here's what he had to say...

sir im not ripping people off i own that same drum and yes it is the same pic but it was the only one i could find just like mine. i dont have a camera to take pictures of it but this is the same. sorry i took ur pic but im not ripping anyone off.

- classie36z

sir with all due respect i own this drum. AND I SORRY TAKING UR PIC BUT I HAVE NO REASON TO LIE. IM NEW ON THIS AND I DIDNT KNO THAT YOU CANT DO IT SO THANKS FOR ALERTING ME TO THIS ISSUSE. Im not expecting you to understand but i will put my own picture up. Thanks

- classie36z

needless to say, the drum in the auction was not the same as that in the picture.
bongosnotbombs

Postby OLSONGO » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:53 pm

I also got on his case , telling him that I would report him for false advertising.
He claims he has the same drum ...lol... but a broken camera and couldn't take a pic of his drum, so he just took the liberty to take your pic BNB ...the nerve of some people....grrrrr.
Peace
Olsongo.
OLSONGO

Postby Thebreeze » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:20 pm

As someone once told me as a youth........" That guy has more guts than a slaughterhouse ".
Thebreeze

Return to *** PHOTOS/VIDEO CLIPS OF YOUR GIGS/JAMS ***