Solid shell congas with Moperc hardware

Sell your intruments here, or post up any bargains you come across for sale.
Forum rules
Sell your own gear here, or post up any links to sales of percussion instruments.
KEEP IT POSITIVE PLEASE, SAVE ANY NEGATIVITY TO PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Solid shell congas with Moperc hardware

Postby Chupacabra » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:07 am

As much as I hate selling these I guess I don't really have a choice now. The shells are from Drumskull Drums and the hardware is from Moperc. I bought all the parts and put them together myself. The heads are cowhide and could probably be replaced with something better but they still sound decent when tuned properly. The cases are included and I will only sell as a set for $900 CDN. I hope there might be a Canadian buyer who is interested because I don't want to deal with U.S Customs hassles. If you would like to see more pics let me know.
Attachments
3CongasCentre.jpg
3CongasCentre.jpg (137.24 KiB) Viewed 4448 times
IMG_0003.JPG
... --- ... ... --- ... ...---...
Chupacabra

Re: Solid shell congas with Moperc hardware

Postby pcastag » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:18 am

What are the sizes? Can you give an estimate of what shipping to the US might be?
PC
PC
pcastag

Postby Chupacabra » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:11 am

The head diameters are: 10 1/2", 12" and 13 1/2". All three are about 30" tall.

As far as the shipping cost goes - I'll have to get back to you on that because my work and family schedule is extremely busy right now. From where I live in Ontario, Canada to Houston it would be really, really expensive. If I remember correctly, it cost me about $90 per shell to have them shipped north from Drumskull Drums in California to the West Coast of Canada to Victoria, British Columbia which was where I was living at the time.

If you are really interested in the set I will weigh them and get some dimensions for shipping containers and then get a quote from Canada Post, unless you suggest anyone else for shipping...
Chupacabra

Postby rhythmrhyme » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:50 am

Chupacabra wrote:The head diameters are: 10 1/2", 12" and 13 1/2". All three are about 30" tall.

As far as the shipping cost goes - I'll have to get back to you on that because my work and family schedule is extremely busy right now. From where I live in Ontario, Canada to Houston it would be really, really expensive. If I remember correctly, it cost me about $90 per shell to have them shipped north from Drumskull Drums in California to the West Coast of Canada to Victoria, British Columbia which was where I was living at the time.

If you are really interested in the set I will weigh them and get some dimensions for shipping containers and then get a quote from Canada Post, unless you suggest anyone else for shipping...

Hey Chupacabra - I'm sad to see you're selling your congas bro! $900 for the set is really a fair price for sure, low enough that someone in the states may be able to afford the shipping... If I didn't have a room full of drums and a set of bata that I'm restoring (I got them from N.I. - you know her right?), I'd probably take them into the "drum foster home" that I seem to have developed. Life moves on, and I'm sure you have good reasons for selling them, my soul says sell something else!

For others interested in these drums, I've played them and they're solid. Round (last time I saw them - about 2 years ago), good projection and very stable carving/construction. If they're the same heads, I thought they were decent quality and that they just needed to be played more and broken in. Here's a comparable set on the drum skull site for 3K - http://www.drumskulldrums.com/en2/22/Sh ... ainID=2941 !

RR
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana
rhythmrhyme

Postby Chupacabra » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:05 am

Hey, nice to hear from ya!
Yes, you are right. This is a pretty decent price for these drums. In fact I am taking a shitkicking on them but it is what it is and there will be more to follow. By the end of it all I will just have a djembe, darbuka and the dununs that I made (not sure if you ever saw those). Everything else is pretty much up for sale now.

Yeah, I remember that set of bata you bought from her. Definitely some nice shells. I was looking into getting them rechromed for her but it never panned out for some reason or another. Hope you get lots of enjoyment out of them!

Take care.
Chupacabra

Postby pcastag » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:31 pm

Do you still have these drums?
PC
pcastag

Postby Chupacabra » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:40 am

These drums are still available. Couple of offers came through, none serious so I thought I would put the flag up again and see if there is any interest. The price is firm, it doesn't bother me if nobody buys them for another year.
Chupacabra

Postby Chupacabra » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:26 pm

The congas have now been sold to an Ontario buyer. Thank you to all who enquired.
Chupacabra

Return to INSTRUMENTS FOR SALE