2 vintage congas

Sell your intruments here, or post up any bargains you come across for sale.
Forum rules
Sell your own gear here, or post up any links to sales of percussion instruments.
KEEP IT POSITIVE PLEASE, SAVE ANY NEGATIVITY TO PRIVATE MESSAGE.

2 vintage congas

Postby kichu49 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:54 pm

I've had these drums since 1980 - a Gon Bops conga and Valje tumba - and I'd like to sell them, but I don't have any idea what to ask. They're both in great shape, have a lovely tone, and come with heavy canvas gig bags (one bloodstained - not my blood, but I'm sure there's a story there). I'd appreciate some help in setting a fair price, 'cause I'd really like to see them go someplace where they'd get played, not sit around collecting dust...
SF Bay Area
IMG_3072.jpg
2 congas

IMG_3073.JPG
Valje decal on the tumba

IMG_3074.jpg
Gon Bops stamp on head
kichu49

Re: 2 vintage congas

Postby Thebreeze » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:24 pm

If it were me, with the economy the way it is.... I would ask 500 for the Valje, and 400 for the Gon Bops, and state ...."Or best offer". That way, if no one wants to pay your asking price you should at least get offers. Of course you are going to get the usual remarks.." I will have to put a new head on them and that will run me about 50 dollars each " or they will point out any imperfections like cracks or separations etc.. But if they are in decent shape, that's what I would do if I wanted to part with them. If someone is interested in only the Tumba, I would not go lower than 450 for it. and if they only want the gon bops I would not go lower than 350 for it. As a package deal, I would let them go together for 750.

Anyway....that's my input. Good luck on selling those. You should get contacted quickly on them.
Thebreeze

Postby Mr.Rumba » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:19 am

I can post them on my Facebook page, "conga drums and djembes for sale" or my other page, "congas and percussion" on Facebook when you know what you want for them. I agree based on the photos that $750 for both would be fair for both parties involved and should move fast.
Mr.Rumba

Postby deadhead » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:16 pm

What is the head size of the Valje? I may be interested...
deadhead

Return to INSTRUMENTS FOR SALE