Really?

Sell your intruments here, or post up any bargains you come across for sale.
Forum rules
Sell your own gear here, or post up any links to sales of percussion instruments.
KEEP IT POSITIVE PLEASE, SAVE ANY NEGATIVITY TO PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Really?

Postby pcastag » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:42 pm

Nice drum but....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUBAN-QUINTO-CO ... 3cce2e18d9

Looks like they took the hardware off an old sonoc and carved a solid shell like the ones Marcelo has.
PC
pcastag

Re: Really?

Postby KING CONGA » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:10 pm

Agree.
Sorry to spoil his platter but he is looking at about 300 tops. Someone would be able to get a Vergara of Requena for less than that :shock:
K.C.
KING CONGA

Postby pcastag » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:50 pm

A solid shell conga is probably worth more than 300, most go for about 500-800, but 2 g's? he is hallucinating.
PC
pcastag

Postby bongosnotbombs » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:33 am

...but it's signed by El Goyo... :roll:
bongosnotbombs

Postby ABAKUA » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:30 am

Not to mention, you could get that drum, hand made but with better stainless steel hardware like mine made in Havana for about $150 - $200 USD at absolute max for Quinto size.
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby RitmoBoricua » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:16 pm

Here are what seems to be the same type of drums
with what looks like Remo hardware. Now if the
drum comes with the skill of the homies on the videos
now we talking :D but we know is not so much the
arrow but the indian :wink: These homies can really
make a drum talk!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCgHIAiScOk&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWyCGU6UoBE
RitmoBoricua

Postby Isaac » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:43 am

It's inspired me to go back to Cuba, hopefully next year. Costs a lot less. Feb from Canada is usually around $880 round trip.
Isaac

Postby RitmoBoricua » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:32 pm

Isaac wrote:It's inspired me to go back to Cuba, hopefully next year. Costs a lot less. Feb from Canada is usually around $880 round trip.

No doubt I would love to go to Cuba too and immerse myself
up to my eyes in it too but that will have to wait until the
relationship between U.S. and Cuba normalize and become
more amicable.
RitmoBoricua

Postby Dangler » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:49 pm

RitmoBoricua wrote:
Isaac wrote:It's inspired me to go back to Cuba, hopefully next year. Costs a lot less. Feb from Canada is usually around $880 round trip.

No doubt I would love to go to Cuba too and immerse myself
up to my eyes in it too but that will have to wait until the
relationship between U.S. and Cuba normalize and become
more amicable.

I ran into lots of Americans when in Cuba,most were flying in from Cancun,its only the American Border Services that really care,so it's a Mexican vacation as far as they're concerned :wink: .

Life is too short and Havana is too cool to miss out on because of some backward political B.S.
Dangler

Postby rhythmrhyme » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:54 pm

I recently learnt that Cancun is a direct 6 hour flight from Victoria. Probably one of the most direct routes to Cuba from our area.

Beats the h**l out of flying across to Toronto and down!

RR
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana
rhythmrhyme

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:31 pm

Guys you can now FLY to Cuba from 18 American airports...Obama opened the door so now American Airlines and Sky King airlines are flying out of Miami round trip for 600 bucks..if not go thru the Bahamas....it is safe now to travel to Cuba and forget about all that right wing paranoia ..150,000 Americans traveled to Cuba last year alone...reasons vary for the trip but you can get a "license' to travel to Cuba, online...and just get it notarized, it becomes a 'legal' document and then you can go for the reasons of 'study', music, art, religion, etc...what you will need for 'legal' travel is this document called a 'GENERAL RESEARCH LICENSE TRAVEL AFFIDAVIT-Relating to legal travel to Cuba....you can get this document online download it, get it Notarized and then your FREE to go to Cuba no problem..they have now built an "American wing" at Jose Marti airport just for Americans,...have a great time!...
JohnnyConga

Postby Dangler » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:56 pm

Thats great news JC!!

OBAMA ROCKS
Dangler

Postby pcastag » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:22 am

Been there twice on an educators visa, flew from Houston to cancun, then to Habana, Nice easy trip, stayed en casa particualr which were familiares de una amiga aqui en Houston, One of my best vacations ever!!! Drumming all day, musica cubana all night. tremendo vacilon. Go before capitalism gets ahold of it and turns it into another caribbean tourist trap. Interestingly enough original musical ideas have thrived under communist rule. Not so much individual freedoms, you will see some sad sh** no doubt, especially the young people who don't have any dreams they can fulfill. Asi es la vida. :cry: :cry: :o :o :) :) :D :D
PC
pcastag

Postby tootyfull » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:00 pm

JohnnyConga wrote:Guys you can now FLY to Cuba from 18 American airports...Obama opened the door so now American Airlines and Sky King airlines are flying out of Miami round trip for 600 bucks..if not go thru the Bahamas....it is safe now to travel to Cuba and forget about all that right wing paranoia ..150,000 Americans traveled to Cuba last year alone...reasons vary for the trip but you can get a "license' to travel to Cuba, online...and just get it notarized, it becomes a 'legal' document and then you can go for the reasons of 'study', music, art, religion, etc...what you will need for 'legal' travel is this document called a 'GENERAL RESEARCH LICENSE TRAVEL AFFIDAVIT-Relating to legal travel to Cuba....you can get this document online download it, get it Notarized and then your FREE to go to Cuba no problem..they have now built an "American wing" at Jose Marti airport just for Americans,...have a great time!...

Dear Johnny C:Thank you so much for this valuable piece of information.Are there any other fees attached to the travel expenses other than tickets and a passport? I really want to visit before I get too old and learn from the masters....
tootyfull

Postby Omelenko1 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:36 pm

Left 51 yrs. ago, when I was 10. Never been back, but is with me everyday, never leaves. Would love to go back to Parque Tulipan in "El Cerro", sit in the park benches and paly rumba "con los niches del solar", just like I did 51 yrs. ago. I was the only "blanquito" in the rumba. Promised my dad (RIP) that I wouldn't go back until "Patilla" kicks the bucket. I think the day is about to come. "Que No Se Pare La Rumba"!!!!!!!
Omelenko1

Next

Return to INSTRUMENTS FOR SALE