Mariano Gon Bops Lugs

Sell your intruments here, or post up any bargains you come across for sale.
Forum rules
Sell your own gear here, or post up any links to sales of percussion instruments.
KEEP IT POSITIVE PLEASE, SAVE ANY NEGATIVITY TO PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Mariano Gon Bops Lugs

Postby bongosnotbombs » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:08 pm

Kind of an oddball request and a bit of a long shot, but I would like to trade some big beefy LP 3/8" lugs for some of those new black Mariano Gon Bops lugs.
I want to put the black lugs on my Sol conga, the LP ones just don't look right and I think the black Mariano ones would look better, sadly they don't sell replacement lugs, or if they do I haven't been able to figure out where.

It's for a quinto so I need 5 lugs.

The LP lugs are definitely stronger than GB lugs, would be willing to reimburse for shipping. Anyone able to help a brother out?

Of course even better would be original Sol lugs, but that's an even slimmer chance...
Attachments
DSCF2671.JPG
bongosnotbombs

Re: Mariano Gon Bops Lugs

Postby KING CONGA » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:06 pm

Greetings BNB. Just out of curiosity, any idea on what happened to the originals?
Great drum by the way, how long have you had it?
KING CONGA

Re: Mariano Gon Bops Lugs

Postby bongosnotbombs » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:16 pm

I'm pretty sure this rumbero Enrique RIP bent them putting on this incredibly thick skin. Those guys in the East Bay like the thick skins. I've had this drum about 6 months. Akbar originally made it for Sandy Perez back when Sandy endorsed Sol. Sandy sold it when he joined the Gon Bops team.
bongosnotbombs

Return to INSTRUMENTS FOR SALE