Remo skyndeep conga heads sale

Sell your intruments here, or post up any bargains you come across for sale.
Forum rules
Sell your own gear here, or post up any links to sales of percussion instruments.
KEEP IT POSITIVE PLEASE, SAVE ANY NEGATIVITY TO PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Remo skyndeep conga heads sale

Postby tootyfull » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:03 pm

THIS ITEM IS SOLD!
Gary B.
Last edited by tootyfull on Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:34 am, edited 7 times in total.
tootyfull

Re: Remo skyndeep conga heads sale

Postby CongaTick » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:22 pm

Tooty,

Welcome. I have Skyndeep Crimps on my 2 fiberglass matadors + my 1970's LP (palisades park) tumba. Love the heads. However, for a warmer sound, I used mules. Even the original buffalo heads were actually quite good. The third alternative is cowskin of which there are many quality suppliers referred to in past threads. Take the time to do a thorough search through our archives where you will find a wealth of solid head advice from the forum pros. Good luck.
IMG_2917.JPG
CongaTick

Postby Mr.Rumba » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:26 am

tootyfull wrote:Please forgive this ole school percussionist for not posting here first! I recently purchased three Remo skyndeep crimplock series congaheads for my LP matadors(quinto,conga,tumba).They fit just great but I want to opt for a warmer sound with nuskyns series or cowhide for fiberglass congas!(These heads are in brand new condition as I have hardly played them at all).I currently have them listed on ebay for under $100.00 for all three.IF anyone is interested please get in touch via PM so we can work out a deal as I would like to part with them asap.I will also consider a trade.AIso,if anyone has sage advice on alternative heads/skins,it is welcomed!I also will be posting LP Giovanni galaxy series bongos(minus the heads) as soon as I can provide some pictures.
And kudos to all the great blogs posted by the members of this great site!As a budding percussionist now in my 60s,I learn every time I review the many comments,suggestions,advice given!Thanks so much!
Gary B.

I also like mule skins on LP Matador's. Manito Percussion now has a large variety of skins including pre mounted mule skins for your drums. I have the same bongos as you and I also put a Manito mule skin on the macho and a steer skin on the hembre they sound great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjm7xRg-A04
Mr.Rumba

Postby Kaban » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:24 am

Hey Gary, I sent you an email.
Kaban

Postby tootyfull » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:21 am

ITEM IS SOLD!
tootyfull

Return to INSTRUMENTS FOR SALE