WANTED: Honduran Mahogany Ritmos.

Sell your intruments here, or post up any bargains you come across for sale.
Forum rules
Sell your own gear here, or post up any links to sales of percussion instruments.
KEEP IT POSITIVE PLEASE, SAVE ANY NEGATIVITY TO PRIVATE MESSAGE.

WANTED: Honduran Mahogany Ritmos.

Postby Timbadrum » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:49 pm

If anyone has a lead, any info, or the actual drums please let me know. I want to buy the 29 inch Honduran mahogany Ritmos that Matt Smith has made. I am working on the completion of my set and would be most grateful if you could assist. Thank you.
Timbadrum

Re: WANTED: Honduran Mahogany Ritmos.

Postby Thebreeze » Tue May 03, 2016 7:33 pm

It would probably be good if you can list the size that you are searching for. From your post it seems that you already have one or more of them? Meanwhile, I will keep my eyes open for you but it seems Matthew drums are not too common in the " for sale " category these days. That being said, has anyone recently received a drum order from Matt? A good friend of mine paid him cash in advance for a three drum set of congas and a few bongos as well, and this has been over 2 years now and no drums, and no updates from Matt unless my friend calls him first and then the update is usually something like... it won't be long now. I know his quality is regarded as high, but I would never send him any money in advance. To me there is no room in the good business world for someone that takes people's money and then forgets about his responsibilities to that person. Sorry to sound this negative but what else can you say.
Thebreeze

Postby Psych1 » Thu May 05, 2016 5:14 pm

A while ago I tried to alert board members about Matt's poor service and lack of reliability. The mod, a Matt booster, deleted my post. Maybe he hasn't seen yours yet.
Psych1

Postby Thebreeze » Thu May 05, 2016 8:48 pm

Well.... I would just have to say that whoever the Moderator is should not remove a post where someone is looking out for other people's interests. This problem with the drum maker has been going on for much longer than two years. I am only stating the problem my friend is dealing with which is about at least two years now. If I were in the market for some of these drums I would look to buy them second hand to avoid a several year wait, and then hope that you eventually get them. Heaven forbid he should die in some freak accident and all those who sent funds ahead of time will just have to take the loss. Hope this does not get deleted by the moderator since it is just truthful information. If I see or hear of someone selling Honduran Mahogany Ritmos in the 29 inch size I will let you know.
Thebreeze

Postby Timbadrum » Sat May 07, 2016 2:18 am

Thebreeze I appreciate your response. I would be interested in any and every size honduran mahogany 29 inch drum. I'd probably buy the 29.5 or a set of 30 inches if they were available also. Please isn't there anyone out there with these honduran Ritmos???? Where is everyone these days, this board use to be jumping!?!?
Timbadrum

Postby KING CONGA » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:23 pm

Try Facebook, specifically, "Vintage Conga Drums". That forum is off the hook! :mrgreen:
KING CONGA

Return to INSTRUMENTS FOR SALE