Congaplace CHATROOM Online!!!! - Lets agree best times of day to chat

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Postby Kracker » Thu May 03, 2001 9:15 am

Hey conga brothers, :) :) :)

Much respect and thanks to CongaMan for putting a chatroom online for us. I suggested it on the 29th April, and it's up and running today, 3rd May. Thank you.

I have been logging on to the forum here everyday since I discovered congaplace and I keep seeing certain names coming up all the time; Mike, Bill, Laurent, Paulo, CongaMan etc etc. I would love to talk with you guys and more at the chatroom.

I've noticed that when I log on to the forum I am usually the only person on at that time. It might be a good idea for us to agree some times when it is most likely for the regulars to be available to talk. What do you think??

CongaMan could post these times up on the main forum screen so everybody will know.

An obvious time would seem to be 12 midnight GMT.

I have got a gig tonight so I won't be there until 1am GMT. I look forward to seeing you guys in real-time soon.

http://www.congaplace.com/chat/
Kracker

Postby Laurent Lamy » Thu May 03, 2001 9:48 am

I agree with you. But when let us can meet ourselves at the same time on the chat? I hoop to talk with all soon. Bye
Laurent Lamy

Postby Mike » Thu May 03, 2001 11:44 am

Hi everybody,

really a brilliant idea to chat!
And by the way: I LOVE congaplace.com, visit at least twice a day.

My only problem with us chatting at the same time is: When I am logged, the time shown does not correspond with MY time which is GMT+1.
Where is the brain of this site ;-) situated?

Let´s get tuned...!
Mike

Postby CongaMan » Thu May 03, 2001 1:44 pm

Hi Guys!
Thanks for all your posts so far... it's great to exachange opinions with all of you... we are not too many members but hopefully in the next future the number will grow: spread the voice about CongaPlace!

I hope to meet you into the new chat room and talk live.. regarding the time shown in this forum I know it's not correct for us living in Europe (i'm in italy but the site is located in Florida USA and it takes the time from the server) but we can refer always to the GMT time...

So if we decide to join the chatroom at 12 (midnight) GMT anyone of us has to calculate the local time.... anyway I will try to set the GMT time in the forum ...

That's all for now but stay tuned!
Bye
CongaMan
Site Admin

Postby CongaMan » Thu May 03, 2001 2:45 pm

Ok guys ... local time is now GMT ... I hope...
CongaMan
Site Admin

Postby Kracker » Fri May 04, 2001 12:46 am

Hi guys,

Sorry I didn't get back from my gig until 1.30am GMT. I went to the chatroom but nobody about.

Hey CongaMan you will have to put a link to our new chatroom on the main page.

I wish somebody was available to chat now!!!!!!!!
Kracker

Postby CongaMan » Fri May 04, 2001 9:12 am

Hi Kracker,
I was there until 15mnts before! Next time... anyway I will put the link on the home page within today...

See u soon...
Bye
CongaMan
Site Admin

Postby Mike » Fri May 04, 2001 12:14 pm

Sorry folks, I tried but midnite chatting doesn´t seem to be my time, although I´d love to. Two little kids keep me busy all day and rest of the night...

But nevertheless: Long live congaplace!!
Mike

Return to Open Discussion