It would indeed be if we could directly discuss.

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Postby Laurent Lamy » Fri May 04, 2001 7:03 pm

Hello everybody. I write you this message to encourage you to use the chat. It would indeed better if we could directly discuss. That would allow us to go farther to our communication. Then in very soon on Conplace's chat

(Edited by Laurent Lamy at 8:05 pm on May 4, 2001)
Laurent Lamy

Postby CongaMan » Fri May 04, 2001 7:15 pm

That would be great!...
Unfortunately at the moment it seem that something doesn't work on the chat ... may be the server is down... but I'm sure it will go back in force soon! Come and join it!
CongaMan
Site Admin

Postby Mike » Fri May 04, 2001 8:44 pm

I have no experience in chatting so far, but what about adressing us for detailed questions and Stuff with our private e-mail adresses ? I think those who want to can contribute s.th.
Nothing against chatting!
Mike

Postby CongaMan » Fri May 04, 2001 9:10 pm

Whatever we use to comunicate each other is a good thing, this forum included.
Our mail addresses are usually available into the profile so we know how to reach each other. I'm personally already in touch with Laurent, Kracker, Paulo, Daniel and other (most of them met on CongaPlace!)... so I would be pleased to start with you Mike! This forum has also a Private Messenger (click "Message" on the topic).
When you receive a message.....

Keep in touch!
CongaMan
Site Admin

Postby Mike » Fri May 04, 2001 9:24 pm

Yeah, simply great how immediate communication works!!
I have just an individual problem (while the Cuban are flowingon my stereo..!), namely that my current browser does not support other windowas than hte congaplace board (i.e. I am not able to click links in general), but i WILL solve that problem . Have I already told everybody how much I like this page (:-) and also %´)....

I only say Tito Puente , Top percussion. Even if you are no timbalero, have you dug into the king´s soloes? Sabroso!!!!
Mike

Postby CongaMan » Fri May 04, 2001 9:37 pm

I saw him live few years ago.. what a man! :cool:
He used to come every year during the Umbria Jazz Festival here in Italy and I went twice to saw him playing... he was just superb on timbales and a big showman! (Mongo Santamaria was playing congas)
CongaMan
Site Admin

Postby Mike » Fri May 04, 2001 9:58 pm

You have my full admiration to have seen HIM! My realtives (parents, aunts etc. have never stopped to talk about their Puente records and the experiences of the 60´s. Iwish i had been living fully-minded at that time (Mongo S. being my hero)
Mike

Return to Open Discussion