Lessons in Cuba

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat Nov 10, 2001 3:12 pm

Ricky you can go to ChuckSilverman.com He leads the group to Cuba 3 times a year. It's a good deal check it out if you haven't gone already......Paz and Practice...JC JOHNNY CONGA....
JohnnyConga

Postby tamboricua » Tue Nov 13, 2001 4:11 pm

Also make sure and check out:

http://www.plazacuba.com

Hope this helps!

Saludos, Jorge Ginorio
tamboricua

Postby carlitos » Sun Nov 10, 2002 9:14 am

I was told that when you take lessons in Cuba if you don't have a good understanding of clave that you wont teach you the different ryhthms until you have a good grasp of it. Is this true.

Carlitos ???
carlitos

Postby JohnnyConga » Sun Nov 10, 2002 9:31 pm

Well Carlitos...I can't say that is true. You should have at least some knowledge of clave when approaching Latin music conga drumming. If you intend to learn Rumba this is also true. Also remember that everyone that can teach, goes by his or her own "method" if they have one, and they should in order to be successful. So you may want to pick up some books on Clave understanding and start playing clave along with the music to get a better handle on it. Hope this helps...At your Service...JC JOHNNY CONGA..... ;)
JohnnyConga

Postby carlitos » Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:13 am

Thanks JC I'm okay with clave, I heard my teacher say some of his students had this experience when they went to Cuba.
Thanks
Carlitos :D
carlitos

Return to Open Discussion