WHAT HAPPENED? - Questions

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:22 am

Someone mentioned how dead it was a week ago when I had put some questions to the forum. Not one of them has been answered. Well wasssss up people's????? At your Service. .....JC JOHNNY CONGA....
JohnnyConga

Postby RayBoogie » Wed Mar 05, 2003 6:31 am

I will respond to that Mr JC. I would have to say other than all the artist that have mentioned in the past, I must give props to my former teacher Ray Turull. If it wasn't for him, I would not come as far as I have as a percussionist. Even though I have stop taking lessons with him because of financial difficulties we have grown not only as teacher and pupil, but also as friends. The man is an excellent teacher, from congas, bongos and timbales (which I didn't get an opportunity to learn yet[U], but I will). To me Ray Turull is a Master Percussionist and I thank you for everything you instilled in me!!!!
RayBoogie

Postby Michael S » Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:32 pm

Since I live in an area where there are so few congueros, much less teachers, I must give my props to Alan Dworsky and Betsy Sansby. How I discovered their wonderful book, I cannot remember. But I do know, without it, I would never have discovered the conga or learned it's roots. They should be honored not for their contributions as artists but for what they have done for the method of teaching and transcription. A follow-up book of theirs taught me that there is conga playing beyond the roots and basic rythyms. Either their Rhythmic Vocabulary or Secrets of The Hand is next for me. Anyone not familiar with them should check them out at http://www.dancinghands.com.
Michael S

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:34 pm

Allright now we talkin...Ray is a cyber buddy and a very talented musician. Now he is into Physical training and has kinda cut back on the playing for a time so he can concentrate on his new endeavor...We have a lot to talk about you name it, and we got it here!...At your Service ..JC JOHNNY CONGA.......KEEP IT COMING!....MONGO LIVES! ;)
JohnnyConga

Postby RayBoogie » Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:03 am

Hey JC, Ray Turull is back in the scene. He's playing with this group called "Groupo Fiesta". He's really excited about his new project. I will be sitting with the band next month (god willing).
RayBoogie

Return to Open Discussion