Hello to all - great site

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Postby CUBOP IN CALI » Sat May 03, 2003 7:36 pm

Just wanted to say hi to all , I just found this site while looking for a set of Conga's and I'm glad I did there is so much
information here that it makes me drool . I have been playing with a set of LP aspire conga's a friend let me borrow for about a year I have listened to Salsa music for awhile as a matter of fact The latin music bug hit me when I was in junior high school back in 1972 while all my friends were into Rock I became an outcast because I started buying records from Eddie Palmeri,Cal Tjader,El Gran Combo ...etc, so my love for the music has gotten so bad I listen to it so much my wife shakes her head at me :p So I decide to learn to play but never really had much help in learning the rightway this forum is a God send. So thanks to all for helping out a newbie. Also yesterday I ordered my own congas a Pearl elite conga (nat) and Pearl elite tumba (nat) I'm so stoked :D . Any info is greatly appreciated.

Cubop
CUBOP IN CALI

Postby JohnnyConga » Sun May 04, 2003 2:25 am

Welcome Drum Brother....I see you have great taste in music my two favorite artists Cal Tjader and Eddie Plamieri. I am a Pearl Artist, you won't be dissapointed in your new natural Pearl congas. I love mine. The sound is really warm and strong. What part of Cali are you in?. If your in L.A I can turn you on to My Drum Brother Robertito Melendez who runs workshops and invidual lessons.......At your Service....JC JOHNNY CONGA. ;)
JohnnyConga

Postby RitmoBoricua » Sun May 04, 2003 5:25 pm

CUBOP IN CALI wrote:Just wanted to say hi to all , I just found this site while looking for a set of Conga's and I'm glad I did there is so much
information here that it makes me drool . I have been playing with a set of LP aspire conga's a friend let me borrow for about a year I have listened to Salsa music for awhile as a matter of fact The latin music bug hit me when I was in junior high school back in 1972 while all my friends were into Rock I became an outcast because I started buying records from Eddie Palmeri,Cal Tjader,El Gran Combo ...etc, so my love for the music has gotten so bad I listen to it so much my wife shakes her head at me :p So I decide to learn to play but never really had much help in learning the rightway this forum is a God send. So thanks to all for helping out a newbie. Also yesterday I ordered my own congas a Pearl elite conga (nat) and Pearl elite tumba (nat) I'm so stoked :D . Any info is greatly appreciated.

Cubop

Hi, Welcome Aboard! :D
RitmoBoricua

Postby CUBOP IN CALI » Sun May 04, 2003 7:21 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome ,I live in the S.F. bay area and look forward to any info in this area for Lessons or just to go see some bands or muscians play in the area.I had tickets to go see Celia Cruz but the concert was cancelled I was so
:0( sad when I found out , I look forward to more upcoming concerts soon. Thanks JC & R-B

Cubop :)
CUBOP IN CALI

Return to Open Discussion