Fiesta del Tambor - Nov 2003

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Postby TresGolpes » Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:13 pm

The time has come again for the next La Fiesta del Tambor in La Habana November 11-14, 2003.

Scheduled are the major rumba bands like AfroCuba, Munequitos, Yoruba Andabo, Clave y Guaganco as well as Folklorico Nacional and Klimax. As usual they are inviting Tata Guines, Papin, Changito and others, but last year some of them did not show because they were called in for off-shore engagements.

This is THE ONE EVENT, you get to see these guys right next to you as well as many Guiros and Rumba spontaneous groups that will play off the event in various residences.

Since Fidel has been a very bad boy lately by executing people and putting many dissidents in jail , the US will slam the door on the "Cuba Study trips" as of the end of 2003 so this may be your last opportunity (for a while) to do this legally.

The approximate cost for this trip is $1500 to $2500(airfare is separate) it also depends on whether you will go attached to a cultural group or free-style your way and spend more days going to the neighborhoods...I for one will be going to the house I was born and several choice spots for singing/drumming and other activities.

Don't have all the details yet as to how I will get there, but we'll get there somehow(la rumba me esta llamando)...need to make reservations and other arrangements so let me know how you want to fly: either to Canada or Mejico are the fastest routes.

Edited By TresGolpes on June 23 2003 at 21:17
TresGolpes

Postby TresGolpes » Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:27 pm

There is a committed side trip to Matanzas to play with Minini and some of the Afrocuba de Matanzas group. This should happen at around November 8-10. Chuck Silverman is arranging this trip, he has the most organized group that I have seen so far.
TresGolpes

Return to Open Discussion