need history info

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Postby Seb » Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:16 pm

hello ! everyone , I'm been asked to do a presantaion at my brothers school on the history of cuban music. I have quite a bit of time to prepare (May) , so I can use your comments, Ideas and books or videos that can help my study. so thanks and please e-mail me if you need to thanks again sebastian
Seb

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:13 am

WOW That's a tall order for sure. Well there is the book "The Latin Tinge",any books by Dr. Fernando Ortiz but you need to be able to read spanish. Post to Pexstore.com and see if they have any books available. They area a Cuban music store and library/videos in Miami. Let me know what happens I look for somethingelse for ya, butstart there. At your Service.. JC JOHNNY CONGA...... ;)
JohnnyConga

Postby Conuno » Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:04 am

Hi,

Check this out, that is what you are looking for:

DVD Roots of Rhythm
Director: Howard Dratch, Eugene Rosow
Hosted by the entertainer Harry Belafonte.

Regards Conuno
Conuno

Postby tamboricua » Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:52 pm

Hi Sebastian, hope all is well! Check out Dr. Olavo Alén Rodríguez, From Afrocuban Music to Salsa. Book + CD package. A very complete and comprehensive documentation. Hope this helps!

All the best,

Jorge Ginorio
tamboricua

Postby thanks » Wed Sep 24, 2003 9:23 pm

thank you for all your help and I well use all that you have suggested also Mike Spiro is my teacher and I know he well have mucho to add thanks again your friend always sebastian (hand is getting better)
thanks

Return to Open Discussion