Caliente Congas By LP????

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Postby Sammy » Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:10 am

Hi all new to the site, has anyone heard of a model of congas called "Caliente" brought out by LP???????
Sammy
Sammy

Postby Chelsea » Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:31 am

Hi Sammy,

The Caliente congas are a cross between the LP Aspire and LP Matador models - they're made of a leftover mixture of the hardware and shells of each of these, I believe.

I think the Caliente congas come in non-standard sizes like 10", 11" and 12", so you might have difficulty replacing the heads if you ever had the inclination to do so.

I looked at the Calientes when I was shopping around for my first set of congas, and was advised to step up to LP Matadors or Meinl Marathons, just for the larger head diameters and better quality hardware.

Hope that helps.
"Every instrument has to abide by the Clave. Stay on the Clave and you'll make it." - Tito Puente
Chelsea

Postby RayBoogie » Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:53 am

If I was you Sammy I would checkout Sam Ash their having a huge sale on congas, 50% off on any congas in stock. Also, if you buy two drums it will come with a conga stand that holds both of them. If you buy one it will come with a conga stand that hold that one. Chechout http://www.samash.com
[U]
RayBoogie

Postby ChiChi » Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:24 pm

I would not play LP if I where you. Try the Pearl congas.
ChiChi

Return to Open Discussion