Matse Percussionst

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Postby zaragemca » Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:28 pm

This is a question which I've been asked several times and I'm going to share the answer with all the brothers of this forum.Why I'm considered Master Percussionist?.Ok.beside playing all Cuban Percussion and Drum-Set,I've been playing Rock and Jazz since the late 60's...Brazilian,(have experience in setting up Samba Baterias)...African,(have played with Nigerian Ensembles(not Cubans),South African Ensembles,Ethiopian musicians,and performed at Buddhist temple with Djembe,Darabukas and Tabla), performed with top percussionists from Guinea,Ghana,Senegal,India and Brazil(African drummers are rudely pride of their music you can not go there and pretent to know what you are doing)....Caribbean,(performed,Calipso,Socka,Dance hall,and Reggae in about 5 Bob Marley's festivals and also Reggae clubs.Plus playing Merengue...Colombian(I did play with Foncho Castelar'everybody was Colombian but me' and later with Sol Caribe....Jazz,(I play all kind of Jazz and still jamming).I have grown several good percussionists (not by sales of videos),but years of trainig and supervision,.Mexican,...Have performed with around 5 Mexican Bands.I 've been a session musician and CD's Producer.Also I have created coordination exercises for independency and work with combine time signatures like,7/4,5/4,6/8.etc.I did it the hard way.I'm sorry for the title of the post,the first computer was scraping.

Edited By zaragemca on 1074372754
International Club of Percussionists
zaragemca

Postby Pete » Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:17 am

You seem to have played quite a lot of different things in your past. But don't you still think that the title "Master" is given to you by other players, not by yourself?

-Pete
Pete

Postby zaragemca » Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:18 pm

That's exactly what happen Pete,my students and others musicians which have been in contact with me are the one giving me the title,but many people,which have never been in contact with me personally,didn't know the reasons.

Edited By zaragemca on 1074457384
International Club of Percussionists
zaragemca

Return to Open Discussion