Trivia anyone?

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Postby RitmoBoricua » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:09 pm

zaragemca wrote:As far as I know,you might be talking about descendants of Haitian which might get in to the Cuban Music,but Haitian when comming to Cuba were following their own heritage, not trying to get in to Cuban Music,they keep it to themself.It takes one or two generations to do the transition and adaptability to new culture,which at that time they were Cubans.The Dominican connection to Cuba dates back to the initial, the Indian Hatuey came from Dominican,advising the Indigenas in Cuba of the intention of Los Espanoles,and he paid for it being put on fire alive.Carlos Manuel de Cespedez(during Cuban fight for independency)was a Dominican.

Do not forget Ma Teodora, came from Santo Domingo to Cuba. :)
RitmoBoricua

Postby RayBoogie » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:56 am

I'm sorry JC. I believe you are wrong. It's Jellyroll Morton. I'm also referring to the same book. I will double check, but I believe I'm correct!!
RayBoogie

Postby Johnny Conga » Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:07 pm

Sorry to disagree with you my brother but Jelly Roll was in the 1920's and Gottschalk was the late 1890's....JC JOHNNY CONGA
Johnny Conga

Postby zaragemca » Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:34 pm

The original post make a reference to the 1800's which is taking us to Louis Moreau Gottschalk.
International Club of Percussionists
zaragemca

Previous

Return to Open Discussion